£74—Cumbria: traditional country inn stay in the Eden Valley
Why We Love This Deal
The Cumbrian market town of Appleby-in-Westmorland is set in the Eden Valley, between the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales, and the North Pennines. Overnight stays in this walker's paradise at a 16th-century former coaching inn are £74 including breakfast.
- Valid Sunday-Thursday 1 October, 2023-29 February, 2024. Fridays and Saturdays are an extra £20 per night (payable direct to the property)
- Overnight accommodation in a Standard Room, with daily breakfast, for two
- Early check-in from 1:30pm (worth £20)
- One well-behaved dog can stay for free (usually £10)
- A 125ml glass of house wine each when you order a 2-course meal for two at the restaurant
- Stay two nights, with the extra night on B&B, for £129
- Not available on 24-26, 31 December, 2023
More Reasons to Go
- The Royal Oak is a 16th-century former coaching inn between the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales national parks and the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- The property sits next to the River Eden, 10 minutes' walk from the centre of Appleby-in-Westmorland.
- Original features including beamed ceilings and exposed stone walls can be found throughout the inn, which also features a restaurant, a lounge with a log fire, and a taproom that serves local ales.
- The area is outstanding for walkers: three long-distance routes pass right through Appleby-in-Westmorland, while Kirkland, the starting point for walks to the summit of Cross Fell, the highest Pennine peak, is a 20-minute drive away.
- You could visit Appleby Castle, which has an intact 900-year-old Norman keep and is open for guided tours until mid-November, or head to Lowther Castle & Gardens. Located 20 minutes' drive from the Royal Oak, it consists of a dramatically ruined country house set in extensive gardens that have been restored from wildnerness over the last 20 years.
Voucher Cancellation & Refund Policy: Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to "My Account". After 14 days, your voucher is non-refundable. If advanced reservations are required, changes and cancellations are subject to the merchant’s cancellation or rescheduling policy, and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the merchant prior to refunding your voucher.
Hotel Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy: Once you've made your reservation, changes and cancellations are subject to the hotel's cancellation policy, and must be made by 10am the day prior to arrival. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional fees or voucher forfeiture.
Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
up to 48% off
How to Book
- Not available on 24-26, 31 December, 2023.
- Children are not able to stay as part of this offer.
- Pets: One well-behaved dog can stay for free (usually £10), including a welcome doggy pack and use of a food bowl and mat. Enquire upon booking.
- Parking is free. Appleby railway station is less than 15 minutes' walk away.
- Accessibility: Contact the property directly with any enquiries regarding accessibility.