£189—Cornwall: 2-night weekend break at 400-year-old inn
Why We Love This Deal
A 400-year-old riverside property with uninterrupted views of the Fowey Estuary, the Old Ferry Inn was included by The Times on their list of 100 Best Places to Stay in Britain for 2023. A 2-night weekend break at this historic Cornish bolthole is less than £95 per person until March with this deal.
- Valid Friday-Sunday until 24 March, 2024
- Two nights' accommodation in a Standard Double room, with daily cooked breakfast, for two
- A main course each from the dinner menu on the first night (worth £16 per person)
- It's £265 for a 3-night stay with the same inclusions
- Upgrade to a River View King room for an extra £20 per night or a River View Junior suite for an extra £35 a night, payable direct to the hotel
- Not available on 22-31 December, 2023; 1 January, 2024
More Reasons to Go
- Take in sweeping views of the river from the bedrooms, restaurant, and bar, or from its west-facing terraces, one of which has a wood-fired hot tub.
- The Old Ferry Inn overlooks the estuary of the River Fowey and the Bodinnick-to-Fowey ferry. A ferry service has been running there since the 13th century.
- The ferry crossing, which is open to motorists and pedestrians, is part of the Hall Walk, a National Trust circular walking trail along the Cornish coastline, through woodland and creeks, with striking views of Fowey Harbour.
- Fowey, across the river from the inn, is a picturesque port town with several historic sites to visit, including St Catherine's Castle, an artillery fort built by Henry VIII in the 1530s to defend Fowey Harbour.
- After a day of exploring the coast, relax by the log fire with a local ale or a G&T. The inn has its own distillery, producing gin, vodka, rum, and tequila on the premises.
- Stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Give a dining, spa, activity, theatre, or hotel experience, and create a memory.
Voucher Cancellation & Refund Policy: Within 14 days of purchase, Travelzoo will give you a full refund if you change your mind or can't find dates that suit you. Once you book your dates, changes and cancellations are subject to the hotel's cancellation or rescheduling policy and may result in a fee or voucher forfeiture. You must cancel your reservation directly with the hotel prior to refunding your voucher. Vouchers can be refunded online by going to "My Account.” After 14 days, your voucher becomes nonrefundable. For a fee, you can make vouchers refundable until their expiration date when you check out.
Hotel Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy: Once you’ve made your reservation, you cannot change your travel dates with the hotel. If you cancel or change your booking in violation of the hotel's cancellation policy, you may be subject to additional fees or voucher forfeiture.
Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
How to Book
- Not available on 22-31 December, 2023; 1 January, 2024.
- Parking is a challenge in Bodinnick and the ferry queue can get quite long at certain times. Parking up and walking over on to the ferry is recommended if you are coming from Fowey. There is a small council car park and limited spaces on the roads around Bodinnick. The inn has a residents-only car park, however you may have to park a 5-minute walk away.
- Children are not able to stay as part of this offer.
- Dogs can stay for a £12.50-per-night supplement, payable direct to the hotel. The fee includes a doggie bed and locally sourced treats.
- Accessible rooms are not available at this hotel; contact the hotel directly for more details.
(57 Member Ratings)