£99 – Cheshire country house stay with cream tea, save 45%
Why We Love This Deal
Escape for cream tea and an overnight stay at a "lovely lakeside setting in the heart of the country" (The Daily Telegraph). For £99, you can check into the 4-star Nunsmere Hall Hotel, a rural Cheshire property that boasts "plenty of photogenic backdrops" (The Daily Telegraph). You'll save 45% on the usual cost, and you have until the end of the year to travel.
- This deal is valid Sunday-Friday 17 May-30 June, and Monday-Wednesday 1 September-31 December, 2021. You can stay on a Saturday night for an extra £20 (payable direct to the hotel)
- Overnight accommodation in a Deluxe Double Room, with full English breakfast and cream tea, for two
- For £129, you can get a 3-course set-menu dinner included instead of cream tea
- Stay in a Junior Suite for an extra £50 per night (payable direct to the hotel)
- Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays
- Not available on 18, 21, 23, 28-29, 31 May; 11, 23-27 June; 21, 27 September; 20 October; 7 December, 2021
- Due to current government restrictions, this hotel is now temporarily closed. Visit the hotel's website for more information. This voucher is valid Sunday-Friday from 17 May-30 June, and Monday-Wednesday from 1 September-31 December, 2021. Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- Built around 1900 and sympathetically restored in the latter part of the century, Nunsmere Hall Hotel once hosted parties and social events for the well to do of Edwardian England
- The scenic property is "green and leafy, with well-cared-for gardens and a lake that curves round on three sides" (The Daily Telegraph)
- Margaret Thatcher retreated to Nunsmere Hall Hotel to write her memoirs in the 1990s
- The historic city of Chester is less than 30 minutes' drive away. Here you can indulge in a spot of sightseeing or shopping, or visit Chester Zoo, a zoological garden with over 20,000 animals and 500 different species
- Delamere Forest, complete with walking and cycling trails, and a Go Ape Tree Top Adventure park, is around 10 minutes' drive from the hotel
- Peckforton Castle, a Grade I Medieval castle set in 4000 acres of forest, is around 20 minutes' drive away
- There are plenty of activities at the hotel, including air-rifle shooting, archery, laser clay pigeon shooting, and Segways (subject to availability; fees apply). For nature lovers, there's a nature trail walk, hawk walks, and falconry
- The restaurant serves classical French and modern British cuisine. You can also enjoy a drink at the Captain's Bar, named after the original owner of Nunsmere Hall, Sir Aubrey Brocklebank, who was chairman of a shipping line
- The hotel has increased hygiene regulations, such as reduced numbers of staff on site, temperature checks on arrival, hand sanitiser dispensers around the venue, and social distancing measures in place, particularly in the restaurant layout, to protect against the spread of Covid-19
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call Nunsmere Hall Hotel reservations on 01606 889100 or email NHEnquiries@BHGUK.com. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. If your dates are not available, contact Travelzoo for a full refund.
Cancellation and refunds: If you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with Nunsmere Hall Hotel by 12pm the day prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. All meals will be served in compliance with current government regulations at the time of your stay. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date. With the exception of assistant dogs, no pets are allowed in Nunsmere Hall.
How to Book
(47 Member Ratings)