£159 – 2-night Berkshire stay with meals & drinks, save 57%
Why We Love This Deal
Donnington Grove is an 18th-century manor in Berkshire with secret gardens, original artwork, and hand-painted wallpaper, and it's five minutes' drive from the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. A 2-night perk-filled mini break including dinner is now £159 from reopening until the end of the year, including summer dates, and saves up to 57% on the usual cost.
- Two nights' accommodation in an Executive Double or an Executive King room (subject to availability on booking) and late checkout of 12:30pm, for two
- Daily full English breakfast (worth £10 per person, per day)
- A bottle of prosecco on arrival (worth £27.90)
- £50 dining credit per room on the first night (food only)
- A bottle of white wine with dinner (worth £17)
- It's £79 for an overnight stay with breakfast
- Not available on 24-26 December, 2021
- Due to current government restrictions, this hotel is now temporarily closed. Visit the hotel's website for more information. This voucher is valid 17 May-30 December, 2021. Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love It
- The Strawberry Hill Gothic-style manor is in 500 acres of parkland, within sight of 14th-century Donnington Castle (where entry is free), and five minutes drive from the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Dating from the 18th century, the main house still features its original hand-painted wallpaper, intricate tapestries, and antique furniture
- Donnington Grove has had several famous residents: it was the childhood home of Regency-era dandy Beau Brummell, and was later home to socialite and heiress Daisy Fellowes, a style icon known for her vast jewellery collection
- The River Lambourne runs through the hotel's grounds, and fishing can be arranged for an extra charge
- Its 18-hole, par-72 golf course was designed by Dave Thomas, who also worked on the Ryder Cup course at The Belfry
- Newbury, a historic market town famous for its racecourse, is 10 minutes' drive away
- You can take a stroll along the Kennet and Avon canal, an 87-mile-long waterway that extends from Bristol to Reading and passes through Speen (10 minutes' drive from the hotel)
- Highclere Castle, as seen on TV series "Downton Abbey", is 15 minutes' drive away, and the National Trust's Basildon Park is 30 minutes' drive
Children and pets are not allowed on this deal.
How to Book: Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 01635 581 000 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. Restaurant and golf reservations are subject to availability; please call the hotel ahead of your visit to confirm availability.
Cancellation and refunds: If your dates are not available, if you have not yet booked your visit, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. If you have already booked, cancel directly with the hotel by 2pm the day prior to arrival. Once you have cancelled, go to My Account and choose Get Refund. All meals will be served in compliance with current government regulations at the time of your stay. Menu items are subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash value or cash back. Prices quoted are based on the maximum value of the items included in the package at time of publication. The photos are for illustration purposes only. If you experience any difficulties booking, please contact our Customer Service team for assistance before the voucher expiration date.
up to 57% off
(15 Member Ratings)