£89 – Forest of Dean stay with dinner & bottle of prosecco
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Dinner, bed and breakfast stays for two at Dean Valley Manor -- a 19th-century country house hotel in Gloucestershire's "wonderfully scenic" (Lonely Planet) Forest of Dean -- are now £89. This package saves up to 43% on the usual price.
Update (4:30pm, 24 September): Superior Rooms are nearly sold out. The highest saving for stays in a Standard Room is 39%.
- Accommodation in a Standard or Superior Room (subject to availability on booking), with full English breakfast and late checkout until 11am, for two
- A bottle of prosecco on arrival (worth £18)
- Up to £30.99 per person to spend on a 3-course à la carte dinner (supplements apply for steak and cheeseboard; menu subject to change)
- It's £149 for a 2-night stay with daily breakfast, a bottle of prosecco on arrival, late checkout, dinner on the first night and a cream tea on the second day (worth £4.99 per person) -- includes a buttermilk scone with strawberry preserve, clotted cream, a ganache sugar cube and chocolate coffee beans, served with English tea
- Saturdays require a 2-night minimum stay; Fridays and Saturdays are an extra £20
Why We Love This Hotel
- Formerly known as Lindors Country House Hotel, the property came under new ownership in 2018 as Dean Valley Manor
- You can explore the hotel's nine acres of wooded gardens, which feature waterfalls and pools
- Facilities include a heated indoor swimming pool and a restaurant that serves British dishes made using seasonal local produce
Built in the 1850s, Dean Valley Manor (formerly known as Lindors Country House Hotel) is in the Wye Valley and Forest of Dean on the Welsh-English border.
The historic towns of Monmouth, known for its 13th-century gatehouse bridge, and Chepstow, home to the ruins of a Norman castle, are around 20 minutes' drive from the hotel. The edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park is a 40-minute drive away.
The Forest of Dean -- England's oldest oak forest -- is said to have inspired JRR Tolkien's Middle Earth in The Lord of The Rings books, and was filmed for scenes in "Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows".
The restaurant has views of the gardens and a seasonal menu that features dishes made using local produce. There is also a lounge bar that serves cream tea, drinks and nibbles, and has a log fire that you can cosy up in front of during colder months. In fine weather, you can enjoy a drink al fresco on the sun terrace.
The property has a heated indoor pool and nine acres of gardens to explore. It also has its own colony of bees, looked after by a local beekeeper, and you can buy the honey they produce.
Superior Rooms are larger than Standard Rooms and some have views of the lake or gardens.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Indoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Complimentary parking
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 10am.
Children and additional guests:
Cot available upon request, for children 3 or under: £15 per night.
Extra bed not available for older children and adults.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
Breakfast is included.
Extra bed available upon request, for children 4 to 13: £25 per night.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £15 per pet per night.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 43% off
£89 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(42 Member Ratings)