£99 & up – Summer Lake District stay inc bubbly, 40% off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Surrounded by its own private 72-acre woodland, within a 10-minute drive of Windermere, The Wild Boar is a homely country inn offering a tranquil Lake District getaway. Overnight stays in the summer months now start from less than £50 per person, saving up to 40% on the usual prices.
"Spacious rooms and immaculate grounds in the Lake District National Park" -- The AA Hotel Guide 2019
- Overnight accommodation in a Classic Room, with full Cumbrian breakfast, for two
- A bottle of prosecco in the room upon arrival (worth £26)
- Late checkout until 12pm
- It's £115 to stay Monday-Thursday; £125 Friday until 30 June
- It's £109 to stay Sunday; £135 Monday-Thursday; £145 Friday July-9 August
- A 2-night weekend stay arriving on Friday is £250 until 30 June and £290 in July and August
- Stay in a Feature Room for an extra £20 per room per, night (extra £30 per room, per night on Sundays in July-August)
Update (2:18pm, 18 June): Classic Rooms have now sold out on Sundays in June.
Why We Love This Hotel
- This cosy country inn is set in private woodland with walking trails, and has its own microbrewery and smokehouse, and an AA-Rosette restaurant
- The hotel is a "relaxing retreat" offering a "convivial vibe, hearty dishes [and] thoughtful rooms", according to The Daily Telegraph
- Bowness and Lake Windermere are about three miles away -- you can go on a cruise on the lake or take a walk up to Orrest Head and admire the view over the lake and the surrounding fells
The Wild Boar is a country inn tucked away in a peaceful corner of the Lake District, surrounded by private woodland with a tarn. The property offers a friendly, relaxed ambiance, and is a short distance away from the popular tourist spots of Windermere and Bowness.
The hotel's name originates from the local legend of Sir Richard de Gilpin, who is said to have slayed a wild boar in the vicinity. A homely atmosphere prevails in the lounge, with its wooden panelling and antique furniture, while "staff are efficient and attentive", according to The Daily Telegraph.
The AA-Rosette-awarded Grill & Smokehouse Restaurant offers traditional fare, and features dark wood tables set under oak beams. The Brewhouse is the hotel's own microbrewery, producing a variety of ales. Guests can use the facilities at the Health Club at Low Wood Bay Resort, the hotel's sister property, which is 20 minutes away by car in Ambleside.
Windermere is regarded as "the queen of Lake District lakes" (Lonely Planet). Shoreside Bowness is less than 10 minutes' drive from the hotel; there, you can take a boat cruise from the pier. Admire the views over the lake and the surrounding fells from Orrest Head -- marked trails start near Windermere railway station, a 15-minute drive away from the inn.
All rooms provide Egyptian cotton bed linen, luxury toiletries, a selection of refreshments including tea and coffee, plus a TV and DVD player. Classic Rooms have double or twin beds, while larger Feature Rooms come with queen- or king-size beds and dressing gowns.
- 100% smoke-free
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Cot available upon request, free of charge, for children 2 or under. The extra bed is available only in the Classic Room.
Extra bed not available for older children and adults.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
The extra bed is available only in the Classic Room.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £20 per pet per night.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 40% off
£99 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(6 Member Ratings)