£627 – Luxe 3-Nt Stay in Historic UNESCO Building w/Upgrade & Transfers
5-star Sofitel Luang Prabang offers "world class style with boutique touches." (The Telegraph UK)
Garden Suites start from £253 a night, but Travelzoo members enjoy a complimentary upgrade to the Heritage Suite (reg. £329-£490) -- that's savings of up to 57%.
A minimum 3-night stay is now £627 and includes:
- Accommodation with upgrade to Heritage Suite
- Daily breakfast for two
- Round-trip airport transfers for two
- Pool Villas are available for an extra £42 a night
Why We Love It
- "An exclusive and sophisticated retreat," (Oyster) this UNESCO Heritage protected building was the former French governor's mansion
- Rooms are "sumptuous" (The Telegraph UK) and one of the most spacious in town
- Close enough to walk to the heritage zone of the old town, guests can also hop on the free hourly shuttle service to the town center or take a leisurely 10-min ride there with their complimentary bikes
- There's a rice paddy where guests can learn the traditional way to plant rice
- Most Luang Prabang hotels don't have swimming pools because of UNESCO ordinances but this resort's pool is one of the biggest in the city
The 'Luxury Heritage Hotel of Laos' award winner at this year's World Luxury Hotel Awards, Sofitel Luang Prabang sits on a quiet street away from the downtown center and was also rated one of the most romantic hotels in Laos at the 2018 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards.
Facilities at this historic 23-room hotel, a "restored UNESCO colonial gem," (Oyster) include a large 25-meter pool - a rarity in Luang Prabang, a restaurant on-site, fitness center, cooking school and spa.
Besides Sofitel's trademark MyBed, Heritage Suites are ornately decorated with Lao silk and artifacts, feature high ceilings and has a garden with outdoor gazebo and bathtub. Pool Villas comes with an additional private plunge pool.
"This out-of-time Laotian city," with its ancient temples, colorful markets and Mekong River boat rides is said to be the ideal Southeast Asian city because it is "free of the frantic hustle of so many other regional urban centers." (Condé Nast Traveler)
Oyster says that "it's a great location for combining proximity to sights with a total luxury escape." And just a short walk from the hotel, you'll find daily night markets selling Lao silk weavings and cotton scarves.
- "This renovated 100-year-old former governor’s residence hides a paradise of mature palms and exotic flowers bordering a stunning cherry-tiled swimming pool and ornamental garden." -- The Telegraph
- "Transformed into 23 smartly designed suites, this hotel has a central pillared courtyard and an elegant colonial feel - whitewashed walls, wilting eaves, shuttered windows in gunmetal gray." -- Condé Nast Traveler
- "This is restrained luxury at its finest, simple-yet-stunning rooms, fantastic fusion food and a host of well-thought-out excursions tailored to the individual." -- Traveller AU
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Currency exchange
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Public car park
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 2pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 57%
£209 / night
When You Can Go
Until Jun 30, 2019
Getting ThereLuang Prabang International Airport is 15 minutes away by car, and complimentary round trip airport transfers are provided with every three nights booked.
Email the resort at H9669firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for the transfers.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.