£149 – 2-night lakeside Cumbria escape, was £310
Why We Love This Deal
Dale Head Hall Lakeside Hotel is set on the tranquil shores of Lake Thirlmere in the northern Lake District. A 2-night escape is now less than £75 per person -- saving up to 51% on the regular rates.
- Two nights' accommodation in a Standard Double Room (in either the Elizabethan or Victorian part of the hotel), with daily full Cumbrian breakfast, for two
- Tea or coffee and biscuits on arrival (worth £3.50 per person)
- Late checkout until 1pm (worth £15)
- Stay in a Superior Lake View Room for an extra £20 per night
- Saturdays are an extra £20
Why We Love This Hotel
- This 16th-century property is "set in attractive, private grounds on the shores of Lake Thirlmere" (The AA)
- Keswick town centre is a 10-minute drive away and Ullswater, "overlooked by soaring fells" (Rough Guides), is 30 minutes' drive from the hotel
- The hotel has views of Helvellyn -- the nation's favourite walking hotspot, according to ITV's "Britain's Favourite Walks"
- Superior Lake View Rooms have views of Thirlmere and some have 4-poster beds
"Worth the visit for the views alone" (The AA), Dale Head Hall Lakeside Hotel is set on the shores of Thirlmere in the peaceful North Lakes. The hotel, which occupies a country house dating from the 16th century, has views of Helvellyn -- the nation's favourite walking hotspot, according to ITV's "Britain's Favourite Walks".
Keswick is about 10 minutes' drive away. This historic market town with narrow cobbled streets is a good base from which to explore Skiddaw. Armboth Fell and Raven Crag, both good spots for a scenic walk, are around 15 minutes' drive from the hotel.
Ullswater, "great for crowd-free hiking around the village of Howtown and the picturesque valley of Martindale" (Lonely Planet), takes approximately 30 minutes to reach by car, and Buttermere -- "backed by a string of impressive peaks and emerald-green hills" (Lonely Planet) -- is a 40-minute drive away.
Dale Head Hall Lakeside Hotel has "comfortable and inviting public areas", says The AA, including a lounge, a bar and a restaurant. There's also an outdoor terrace overlooking the hotel's gardens, which are set within a red-squirrel nature reserve. Fishing permits for use on Thirlmere are available on request.
Spread between the Elizabethan and Victorian wings of the house, guestrooms overlook the fells and the hotel courtyard. All have free Wi-Fi, tea- and coffee-making facilities and a TV, while some have period details such as oak beams. Superior Lake View Rooms have sitting areas, lake views and 4-poster beds. Self-catering cottages are also available.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Cot not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 51% off
£75 / night
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(59 Member Ratings)