The Royal Sands Koh Rong Resort
Why We Love This Hotel
- Newly open in April this year
- Located on a 550m stretch of private beach
- There are no fast-food chains or shopping centers on this relatively untouched island
- Koh Rong's pristine bay provides perfect conditions for one of the ocean’s strangest natural phenomena - bioluminescent plankton
- Travel + Leisure Asia says that once you arrive on Koh Rong, you will "be overcome with the feeling that you have arrived at that secret sweet spot we all crave on our travels"
Located an hour by boat west of Sihanoukville, Cambodia, The Royal Sands Koh Rong is located along a 550m stretch of private beach offering panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand.
Facilities at the 5-star resort include a spa, swimming pool with two jacuzzis, a fitness center and two restaurants.
Ocean View Villas are situated on the upper part of the property and offer views across the Gulf of Thailand. Each villa boasts a spacious bedroom, and bathroom with indoor and outdoor rain showers, a sofa as well as an outdoor day-bed area.
Despite being a brand-new resort, it is well reviewed on TripAdvisor with guests praising the service offered by the staff, the quality of the food as well as it's tranquil location.
There is much to do on the island; you can go snorkeling, diving, kayaking, mountain biking and trekking. Also, bioluminescent plankton is a wonder of nature not to be missed during your stay and the resort offers a guide for the experience at an additional cost.
The American and French version of the reality TV show Survivor was filmed on Koh Rong and Culture Trip describes it as "a true tropical paradise," recommending a visit to Long Beach, which is just a 4-min walk from the resort.