£69 – B&B break in Harrogate's 'most treasured' hotel
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
The Crown is one of Harrogate’s "oldest and most treasured hotels" (The Daily Telegraph), centrally located in the town's chic Montpellier Quarter, and packed with "traditional old-world charm". Overnight stays for two at this historic hotel are £69 — which saves up to 31% — and include breakfast and late checkout.
- Valid Monday-Thursday until 31 March, 2023. It's £10 cheaper to stay on Sundays; £20 more on Fridays, and £40 more on Saturdays
- An overnight stay for two people in a Standard Double room with breakfast
- Late checkout until 12pm (worth £20)
- It's £99 to stay overnight on a Sunday with the same inclusions and £25 per person dining credit to use on the main menu. Or £109 Monday-Thursday, £129 on Fridays, and £149 on Saturdays
- It's £25 more to stay in an Executive Double room. These rooms are larger and have a seating area
- Not available on 23-26, 31 December, 2022
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted
Why We Love This Hotel
- The Crown Hotel dates from the 18th century and is one of the oldest in Harrogate. Famous guests include the composer Sir Edward Elgar and poet Lord Byron, who penned "To A Beautiful Quaker" after being inspired by a local woman passing the hotel
- According to The Daily Telegraph and "befitting the regal theme, the hotel is an ensemble of inky blues, gold, greys and reds, speckled with chandeliers." Original stained-glass windows feature in its "impressive" ballroom, named the Churchill Suite, in which breakfast is served
- The hotel is part of Harrogate's fashionable and boutique-laden Montpellier Quarter, in the town centre
- The Crown is right next to the Royal Pump Room Museum (the Old Sulphur Well), Turkish Baths, and Valley Gardens
- Harrogate's famous Bettys Café Tea Rooms are a 5-minute walk from the hotel
- The boundaries of the Yorkshire Dales National Park are less than 20 minutes' drive from the hotel
- Stuck for Christmas gift ideas? Give a dining, spa, activity, theatre, or hotel experience, and create a memory
Limited car parking is available at £12 per night.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Cot available upon request, free of charge, for children 2 or under.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £15 per pet per night. Only specific rooms allow pets, please check with the hotel directly prior to booking.
Only specific rooms allow pets, please check with the hotel directly prior to booking.
Very limited parking available at the hotel, guests can park nearby, Please contact the hotel directly if you have accessibility needs.
up to 31% off
£69 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(251 Member Ratings)