£152 & up – South Tyrol: suite stay with meals, 48% off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Escape to the City Hotel Merano, a 4-star property surrounded by the South Tyrolean peaks. Overnight stays now start at £152 per night -- saving up to 48% on the usual price -- and include:
- Accommodation in a Suite City or Suite Lifestyle (subject to availability on booking), for two
- Breakfast and a 6-course dinner each
- Use of the City SPA facilities such as jacuzzi and gym
- A tea maker with complimentary tea selection in the SPA and in your suite
- A wellness bag with bathrobe, slippers and sauna towel
- A 20€ spa voucher each (once per stay)
- 5% on admissions and applications at the nearby Therme Meran
- Underground parking (subject to availability; we recommend calling to book prior to arrival)
Why We Love This Hotel
- The hotel is in the spa town of Merano, surrounded by mountains
- Duomo di Bolzano cathedral is 30 minutes' drive away and the 13th-century Mareccio Castle is a 40-minute drive away
- South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology, where the Neolithic mummy called Ötzi the Iceman is based, is 30 minutes' drive away
- There are five ski resorts in the region that offer downhill runs of varying difficulty
Surrounded by the imposing South Tyrolean mountains, City Hotel Merano is a 4-star alpine hotel in the spa town of Merano.
From the hotel, it is a 25-minute walk to the gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle (open from 1st April). In Merano, you can also enjoy a carriage ride through the old town or take a panoramic lift from the Töll to the Adige Valley. In winter, five ski resorts in the region attract visitors with their downhill runs of varying difficulty.
The city of Bolzano is 30 minutes' drive away. Set in a valley amid hilly vineyards, it is considered a gateway to the Dolomites mountain range. The medieval city centre features the South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology, where the Neolithic mummy called Ötzi the Iceman (Europe's oldest known natural human mummy) is based.
Duomo di Bolzano cathedral, with its Romanesque and Gothic architecture, is also 30 minutes' drive away and the imposing 13th-century Mareccio Castle is a 40-minute drive away.
The hotel has two restaurants: The Gallery, which specialises in tapas dishes, and the City restaurant, which offers five-course dining menus inspired by seasonal South Tyrolean delicacies.
The hotel spa has a sauna, a whirlpool and massage treatments for an additional fee. The rooms have parquet, underfloor heating and a balcony.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 2pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Cot available upon request, free of charge, for children 2 or under.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
Breakfast is included.
Extra bed available upon request, for children 3 to 9: 25€ per night.
Extra bed available upon request, for children 10 to 13: 40€ per night.
Extra bed available upon request, for older children and adults: 60€ per night.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at 10€ inclusive of tax per pet per night.
City tax not included in the total price: 1.90€ per person per night payable at the hotel.
City tax applies to guests 14 or over.
Complimentary car park.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
£152 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.