£59 – Grade II-listed inn stay near Cotswolds, w/breakfast
Why We Love This Deal
The Cartwright Hotel is in Aynho, a little village near Banbury that's 20 minutes' drive from the edge of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Bed-and-breakfast stays at this Grade II-listed former coaching inn that dates from the 16th century are now £59, and save up to 54% on the usual price.
- Valid for stays Sunday-Friday until 31 March, 2022. Saturdays are an extra £10
- Overnight accommodation in a Standard Double Room (in either the main building or an extension at the rear of the property), with full English breakfast, for two
- Stay two nights from £118 or three nights from £177. All stays include daily breakfast
- Premier Rooms are an extra £10 per night
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted. Should you be unable to travel due to Covid-19 restrictions, you can amend your stay for dates within 12 months of your original booking date, subject to availability. Refer to the cancellation policy on the booking page for full details and restrictions
Why We Love This Hotel
- This converted coaching inn is between Banbury and Oxford in the village of Aynho, known as the "Apricot Village" due to the abundance of fruit trees
- The Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with its rolling hills and chocolate-box villages, is 20 minutes' drive away
- There's a cosy bar with a wood-burning stove
- Broughton Castle — a grand, moated manor house with ornamental gardens — is around 15 minutes' drive from the hotel
The Cartwright Hotel is a Grade II-listed former coaching inn dating from the 16th century. It is near the Oxfordshire/Northamptonshire border between Banbury and Oxford in the quintessentially English village of Aynho, which is known affectionately as the "Apricot Village" due to the abundance of fruit trees. Legend has it that villagers used to give apricots to the lords of the manor as rent.
Broughton Castle — a grand, moated manor house with ornamental gardens — is around 15 minutes' drive away. Chipping Norton on the eastern edge of the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, where you'll also find a host of walking routes, is less than 25 minutes' drive from the hotel.
You could spend an afternoon exploring Oxford's atmospheric college quads, grand university buildings, and cosy old pubs, many of which will be familiar from the films and TV series that have been filmed in the city. It's around 30 minutes' drive away, or you could leave your car at Pear Tree Park & Ride, which is 20 minutes by car from the hotel.
Bletchley Park, the British Motor Museum and Waddesdon Manor -- a 19th-century country house built in the Neo-Renaissance style of a French château -- are all less than 35 minutes away by car.
The hotel features an oak-beamed real-ale bar with an oak floor and a wood-burning stove, and a candlelit restaurant serving dishes made with locally sourced seasonal ingredients. Bedrooms are individually designed and have free Wi-Fi. They are split between the main building and an extension at the rear of the property.
- Newspaper / magazines
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour security
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 2pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available.
Cot not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Additional details: Due to local guidelines some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(433 Member Ratings)