£148 – Wales: 2-nt seaside break nr Snowdonia National Park
Why We Love This Deal
Two-night autumn stays on the Llŷn Peninsula in North Wales are now £148 with this offer from The Lion Hotel Criccieth. You can spend your days strolling on the nearby beach, exploring its ruined castle, or walking in Snowdonia National Park, while saving up to 35% on the hotel's direct flexible rates.
- Valid 1 October-20 December, 2022
- Accommodation in a Double or Twin Room, with full Welsh breakfast, for two
- Stay three nights for £219, or four nights for £288; both options include daily breakfast
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted. Should you be unable to travel due to Covid-19 restrictions, you can amend your stay to dates within 12 months of your originally booked dates. Conditions apply. Refer to the Cancellation policy on the booking page for full details.
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; contact the hotel for more details
Why We Love This Hotel
- The 18th-century Lion Hotel is in the town of Criccieth on the Llŷn Peninsula, a 5-minute walk from Criccieth Beach and 15 minutes' drive from Snowdonia National Park — you can see the mountains and the sea from the hotel
- Criccieth Castle, which dates back to the 13th century, is a 10-minute walk from the hotel. Its ruins are perched on a cliff and offer views along the southern coast of the peninsula and over to Harlech
- The Llŷn Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty occupies more than three quarters of the peninsula. There are walking and cycling routes to explore, secluded beaches to visit, a number of small fishing villages, and 70 miles of coastline
- Frommer's describes Criccieth as one of the "best towns on the peninsula", due to its location — the harbour town of Porthmadog is a 10-minute drive away and marks the start of the 91-mile Llŷn Coastal Path, which runs around the peninsula to Caernarfon
- Portmeirion, made famous in the TV series "The Prisoner", is 20 minutes drive away. This Italianate village was designed by Sir Clough Williams-Ellis
- The property's Mane Place bar is open for drinks 3-11pm Friday-Sunday and 5-11pm Monday-Thursday
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 10am.
Children and additional guests: Extra beds are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Limited space available, first come-first served basis. Free parking for up to 25 cars.
Free parking for up to 25 cars.
Additional details: Due to local guidelines some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(545 Member Ratings)