£119 & up – Dorset: Studland Bay getaway with meals
Why We Love This Deal
Knoll House is set on the Purbeck Heritage Coast in Dorset, and counts Vivien Leigh, Roald Dahl, Enid Blyton, and Winston Churchill among its former guests. Overnight breaks there this winter, including breakfast and dinner credit, now start from £119, and save up to 26% on the standard rates.
- Valid Sunday-Thursday until 31 March, 2023. Fridays and Saturdays are an extra £10
- Overnight accommodation in an Inland Double Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- £27-per-person credit to spend on dinner in the hotel restaurant (valid towards food only)
- It's an extra £20 per night to stay in a Sea View Double Room
- Inland 2-Bedroom Suites, accommodating up to four people, are an extra £40 per night. Breakfast and dinner credit are included for two guests. Meals are charged as taken for the third and fourth guests
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted
Why We Love This Hotel
- Knoll House has a "sensational" setting (The Daily Telegraph) on the Isle of Purbeck
- It's five minutes' walk from the National Trust's Studland Bay, which has a 4-mile-long beach with views of Old Harry Rocks and crystal-clear waters for bathing and watersports
- The hotel was a regular retreat of children's author Enid Blyton. It is said she used Studland when envisaging Toytown for her Noddy books, and nearby Brownsea Island and Corfe Castle inspired settings in her Famous Five stories
- Swanage, which has a pier and a steam railway, is around 15 minutes' drive from the hotel, while Fort Henry, where Winston Churchill, President Eisenhower, and King George VI once watched troops rehearsing for D-Day, is a 15-minute walk from the hotel
- Agglestone Rock — a 400-tonne sandstone block also known as the Devil's Anvil — is a 5-minute drive or a 25-minute walk away
- You can drive 35 minutes to see Durdle Door, or walk 45 minutes along the South West Coast Path towards Shell Bay, where a ferry runs across to Sandbanks peninsula every 20 minutes
- Leisure facilities at the hotel include a 9-hole pitch-and-putt course, tennis courts, and an indoor swimming pool. The hotel is family friendly, with other facilities including a play room, a games room, and a cinema room. Children stay for free but are charged for meals as taken
- Dogs can stay in some rooms (£15 per dog, per night; bedding is not provided), but they are not allowed in dining and leisure areas
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Private beach
- Tennis courts
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Public car park
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Extra beds are not available. The Two Bedroom Suite can accommodate up to 4 people. Price includes room only for the third and the fourth guest. Meals will be charged as taken.
The Two Bedroom Suite can accommodate up to 4 people. Price includes room only for the third and the fourth guest. Meals will be charged as taken.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £15 inclusive of tax per pet per night. Dogs are allowed to stay in rooms on request and if bedding is brought.
Dogs are allowed to stay in rooms on request and if bedding is brought.
Fees: Public car parking is subject to availability.
Up to 26% off
£119 / nightCHECK DATES
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(2003 Member Ratings)