Why We Love It
- This gorgeous, iconic Austin building is steeped in history -- with reported ghost sightings
- Close to the State Capitol, convention center, Lady Bird Lake and 6th Street music scene
- The AAA 4-Diamond Driskill Grill serves locally sourced, inventive cuisine
- President Lyndon B. Johnson awaited news of the 1964 election results from the Jim Hogg Room
"Austin’s swankiest choice" -- Rough Guide
Rooms & Rates
Steeped in history, The Driskill offers an effective combination of originality, hospitality and an excellent location on 6th Street, right in the heart of Austin's entertainment district.
Originally built in 1886 by Colonel Jesse Driskill, The Driskill has undergone an extensive renovation to bring back its 19th-century glory days. Each room and suite blends contemporary decor with unique historical artwork and comes equipped with luxury linens, terrycloth robes and free Wi-Fi. It's said that Colonel Driskill's ghost has been known to walk the halls, so keep an eye out for him.
The AAA 4-Diamond Driskill Grill was named one of Zagat's Top 25 US Hotel Restaurants in 2011 and dishes up a bounty of locally sourced produce and game. After dinner, grab a drink in the Texas-style Driskill Bar complete with a longhorn mounted above the fireplace, cowhide upholstery, tin ceilings and live music. Then head out to explore Austin's nightlife; the hotel is walking distance of the opera, symphony, and the renowned 6th Street music scene, not to mention more than 200 live music venues.
Be sure to take a wander over to the meeting rooms -- these served as campaign headquarters for former president Lyndon B. Johnson throughout his congressional, and later presidential career. The results of the 1964 presidential election were viewed by Johnson in the Jim Hogg Room.
- "A distinctive landmark along 6th Street in the heart of Austin’s downtown music and entertainment district" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Double balconies, arched windows and a hand laid marble lobby floor made downtown Austin's grandest hotel into a frontier palace" -- Michelin Guide
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD $5 and USD $30 for adults, USD $5 and USD $20 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 45 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Early check-in fee: USD 50.00 (subject to availability)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.0 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.