£173 & up – Iconic Arizona 4-Star Resort w/Cocktails
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
This resort has been rebuilt from the ground up in place of the original and iconic Mountain Shadows, an old stomping ground for the Rat Pack, and it's the No. 1 resort in Paradise Valley (TripAdvisor). With this deal, Travelzoo members save up to 40% on regular rates and receive two welcome drinks upon arrival.
"Everywhere you look at Mountain Shadows, the beauty of the Sonoran Desert is on colorful display" — The Telegraph
- Check in to a Signature Deluxe Room, Sundays-Thursdays
- £173-£181 per night ... through Oct. 29; Nov. 22 - Dec. 31
- £233 per night ... Nov. 1-19
- £277 per night ... Jan. 3-31
- Weekend dates are also discounted
- Two welcome drinks upon arrival (£23 value)
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours before arrival to receive a full refund of one night's deposit (room and tax)
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of £28 plus tax, per night; the fee covers Wi-Fi, overnight parking, use of the putting greens, fitness center, pool and more
- Pet-friendly; no fee
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Spacious guest rooms feature modern furnishings and floor-to-ceiling windows — upgraded rooms have private patios, too
- There are two 75-foot long pools on site, complete with cabanas and drink service from the juice bar
- As its name suggests, the resort sits in the shadow of Camel Back Mountain, where you'll find loads of hiking and sweeping vistas of the valley
Originally built in 1959, Mountain Shadows boasts an impressive roster of celeb guests — serving, for instance, as a backdrop for The Monkees TV show (hey, hey!). Nowadays, you'll find A-list amenities like two 75-foot-long, cabana-lined plunge pools and, thanks to a top-to-bottom renovation in 2017, a sleek new look.
Contemporary guest rooms decorated in neutral hues with pops of color come with fun perks, like the make-your-own cocktail bar cart and recipe guide. Floor-to-ceiling windows offering views of the mountains or golf course come standard as well. Premium guest rooms also feature private patios or balconies.
The resort's restaurant and bar, Hearth '61, focuses on small plates made with locally sourced ingredients. The restaurant's real specialty are roasts and other dishes prepared in its stone oven — on display in the exhibition-style kitchen.
While there is no spa on site, guests have access to the spa at the sister resort, Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain. Shuttle service (covered by the resort fee) is readily available in one of Mountain Shadow's Teslas. The sister resort also has a par-3, 18-hole golf course for guests itching to get on the links.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
A Valet Parking Fee of $21 (plus tax), per day applies and will be added to your bill. This rate is subject to change at the discretion of the property.
There is no self-parking option at the resort.
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bed available upon request: US$25 plus tax, per night.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
US$25 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets are allowed on request: free of charge. No restrictions on size or breed.
If travelling with pets, please contact the hotel upon booking to advise.
No restrictions on size or breed.
A resort/facility fee of US$37 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The resort/ facility fee includes includes:
The resort/ facility fee includes includes:
Due to local and state guidelines some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel, or visit https://www.mountainshadows.com/pristine-clean for more details.
Up to 40% Off
£173 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(25 Member Ratings)