Pacific Terrace Hotel
Why We Love It
- Hotel overlooking the Pacific Ocean with easy access to the boardwalk
- Resort fee includes daily bike rentals, beach toys, Wi-Fi and more
- All rooms have balconies or patios, many with ocean views
- No dining on site, but several nearby restaurants allow guests to charge meals to their room
"A perfect place for watching sunsets over the Pacific" -- Fodor’s
Rooms & Rates
Located between lively Pacific Beach and the upscale La Jolla resort town, the Pacific Terrace Hotel is a convenient location to explore all of San Diego or simply relax with views of the ocean. The AAA 4-Diamond hotel has direct access to the beach and boardwalk and is just south of Tourmaline Surfing Park, a favorite hangout for local surfers.
Rooms have plantation shutters and tropical décor in the style of Tommy Bahama as well as marble countertops, coffee makers, flat-screen TVs and private balconies or patios – many with ocean views. Guests have the choice of one king bed or two queens and can upgrade to suites on higher floors with unobstructed views, private bedrooms, kitchenettes and sleeper sofas; many also feature indoor hot tubs.
Guests have access to an outdoor pool with ocean views, hot tub and 24-hour fitness center. The resort charges a $14 daily resort fee that includes Wi-Fi, two-hour bicycle rentals, beach chairs, umbrellas, sand toys, boogie boards, board games, DVD rentals and discounts to local attractions, spa services, breakfast buffets and two-for-one poolside drinks.
- "At the north end of Pacific beach, this hotel is quieter than most in the area" -- Frommer’s
- "Guest rooms are large, light and airy, and decorated in a tropical colonial style that is sophisticated but not stuffy" -- Gayot.com
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets not allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 14 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 28 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 14 per accommodation, per night
- Beach loungers
- Health club access
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Internet access
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.