The LaLit London
Why We Love It
- This boutique hotel is housed in a former Victorian grammar school designed by the architect of the Old Bailey -- the refurbishment cost £50 million and took five years
- Baluchi Restaurant, which serves authentic pan-Asian food, occupies the vaulted-ceilinged great hall
- The Naanery serves freshly baked artisan breads daily
- The Shard is less than five minutes' walk away and the Tower of London and Borough Market are less than 10 minutes' walk away
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The LaLiT London is a new luxury hotel in the shadows of The Shard and iconic Tower Bridge.
This boutique hotel is housed in a Victorian grammar school, with red brickwork and white stone details. Designed by EW Mountford, architect of the Old Bailey, it is Grade II-listed and has been converted at the cost of £50 million. Inside, it boasts bespoke Indian art and vaulted ceilings.
Baluchi Restaurant, formerly the great hall where students once ate school dinners, is now an pan-Indian restaurant, while The Naanery bread bar serves freshly baked artisan breads that can be accompanied by a glass of wine.
There are two bars. The former headmaster's office is now a sophisticated cognac and champagne bar with an intricate mother of pearl ceiling, appropriately called the Headmaster's Room. The Teacher's Room serves a range of cocktails and mocktails.
Each of the 70 ornamented spacious bedrooms, which are called Classrooms by the hotel, has individual décor and style, but all feature Nespresso coffee machines and Wi-Fi access.
Rejuve, the basement spa, offers a holistic experience that combines Eastern and Western therapies. Traditional Indian ayurvedic treatments and yoga is available. There is also a 24-hour gym.
The Tower of London and The Shard are both less than 10 minutes' walk from the hotel, while Borough Market, Shakespeare's Globe, St Paul's Cathedral and the Tate Modern are all less than 30 minutes' walk away.
- "Innovations will include an Indian bread bar -- known as the Naanery -- serving only breads from the subcontinent such as roti and kulcha matched with wines" -- Evening Standard
- "Two incredibly beautiful bars, known as the Teachers' Room and the Headmaster's Room, boast intricately restored, carved ceilings and an original fireplace" -- Condé Nast Traveller
- "Pulling in guests will be the charming outside space, featuring dramatic topiary creations and Indian stone sculptures by the Parisian landscape artist Olivier Vecchierini" -- Forbes
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
There is no extra bed available.
No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(7 Member Ratings)