£79 – Riverside Bedfordshire stay w/afternoon tea, was £239
Save up to 66% on an overnight stay at the Barns Hotel, a "quaint and homely" (The AA) property on the outskirts of Bedford, beside the River Great Ouse. This deal is £79 and includes:
- Overnight accommodation in an Executive Double Room, with full English breakfast, for two
- Afternoon tea for two on arrival (worth £33)
- Late checkout until 12pm (worth £30)
- It's £109 for an overnight stay in an Executive Double Room, with full English breakfast, a £25 dinner allocation per person to use on the à la carte menu, late checkout until 12pm and a bottle of prosecco on arrival (worth £31)
- It's £149 for a 2-night stay in an Executive Double Room, with daily full English breakfast, afternoon tea for two on arrival, and late checkout until 12pm
- It's £179 for a 2-night stay in an Executive Double Room, with daily full English breakfast, a £25 dinner allocation per person to use on the à la carte menu (first night only), late checkout until 12pm and a bottle of prosecco on arrival
Why We Love It
- Bletchley Park, the headquarters of the British codebreakers during World War II, is less than 30 minutes' drive away
- The hotel's WineGlass Restaurant features an extensive selection of wines and champagnes
- Woburn Abbey, a Grade I-listed country house, and Woburn Safari Park are both 25 minutes' drive away
- The riverside hotel has a characterful 13th-century Tithe Barn for functions and events
The Barns Hotel is in a "tranquil" (The AA) location beside the River Great Ouse, on the outskirts of Bedford.
Local attractions include Woburn Abbey, a Grade I-listed country house surrounded by historic landscaped gardens and a deer park, and Woburn Safari Park, which has over 1000 animals and offers road and foot safaris. Both are 25 minutes' drive away.
Bletchley Park, famous for being the headquarters of the British codebreakers during World War II, and the site where Alan Turing helped decipher the Enigma code, is 30 minutes' drive away. Grade I-listed Houghton House is less than 20 minutes' drive away -- this ruined mansion has views of the surrounding hunting park and gardens.
The hotel's river-facing WineGlass Restaurant features rustic wooden beams and, as the name suggests, an extensive selection of wines and champagnes available by the glass -- some come from the owners' winery in California. There is also a charming library area within the restaurant. The Riverside Bar, open from lunchtime to late evening, offers casual dining and has a patio overlooking the River Great Ouse. The recently refurbished terrace now has a pizza oven, and fresh pizzas are available every Tuesday and Friday.
The hotel's electric riverboat is available to hire for cruises up the River Great Ouse.
Bedrooms and suites are traditionally furnished and have spacious bathrooms. All have free Wi-Fi.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 2pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Extra guest charges apply as follows: £10 per child, per night for children aged 2-11 inclusive. This includes breakfast. Infant's cot/crib available on request, free of charge, for children aged 1 and under. This includes breakfast. There are no extra beds available for older children or adults. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy levels. Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices. Please use the Special Request field on the checkout page to request a cot or an extra bed and confirm the age of the child.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
up to 66% off
£79 / night
When You Can Go
Until 28 Feb, 2019
Getting ThereParking is free. Bedford railway station is less than 10 minutes' drive from the hotel. The 73 bus runs from the station to Priory Business Park, a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(281 Member Ratings)