£116 – Charlottesville Resort near Monticello incl. Credit
We're excited to bring back this AAA 4-Diamond property, which our members love and Conde Nast Traveler readers rank among the Top Resorts in the South. Exclusively save over 45% on summer stays where guests can enjoy access to a full-service sports club and spa or rent a bike to explore 573 acres of trail.
- What's included:
- Travel through Aug. 30
- Stay in a Resort King or Two Queens
- £116 per night ... Sunday-Thursday
- £149 per night ... select Fridays-Saturdays
- +£25 per night to upgrade to a room with a balcony or patio
- £26 daily resort credit per room (credit may be used for dining, golf, spa or retail spend on property during stay and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit on future stay)
- Waived daily resort fee (reg. £11), which covers parking, Wi-Fi, shuttle services, access to fitness facility, sauna, pools, daily newspaper, afternoon coffee and tea, hiking trail access, catch-and-release fishing and electric car-charging stations
- The resort is undergoing full renovations of its restaurant, bar, main entrance and lobby; construction will take place daily from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.; on-site dining and bar options are still available (contact the property for more information)
- Price based on up to two guests in a room with one king bed and up to four guests in a room with two queen beds; this property does not carry roll-away beds or cots
- No extra person charge with existing bedding; ages 18 and under stay for free when using existing bedding and sharing a room with an adult
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- Pet-friendly in select rooms with an additional charge of £42 per night
What you need to know:
Travelzoo Tip: Visit the spa and save over 30% with our exclusive offer starting at £91 for a 50-minute treatment.
"A full-scale resort with Southern charm and cozy guest rooms that make you feel instantly at home" -- Self Magazine
Why We Love It
- AAA 4-Diamond lakeside inn built from the original 1834 gristmill
- Freebies include afternoon tea with pastries, Wi-Fi and airport shuttle
- Hiking trails, 26 tennis courts, 11 squash courts, full-service spa and golf course on 573-acre resort
Charlottesville is one of the most historically rich cities in the nation -- it's the hometown of two presidents and the site of Civil and Revolutionary war battles. Today, this AAA 4-Diamond resort offers a glimpse into the past along with the modern entertainment and amenities contemporary travelers seek out when vacationing.
Officially part of the Historic Hotels of America, rooms are spread across four buildings, all maintained with historic integrity and luxe decor, such as marble bathrooms. Some accommodations have balconies or patios, the perfect place to watch a sunset with a glass of local wine, and fireplaces as well as modern necessities like free Wi-Fi, coffeemakers and cable TV.
Less than a 10-minute drive from the University of Virginia campus, Boar’s Head Inn is the official hotel for the school and plays host to alumni, families and prospective students. Against a backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the 573-acre resort includes a championship golf course, spa, 26 indoor and outdoor tennis courts and 11 squash courts. Guests have the option to take cooking classes (available to groups only) and even float above the mountains on a hot air balloon ride. Bicycles for both children and adults can be borrowed free of charge for use on site along with helmets and property maps. A fun perk is afternoon tea, coffee and pastries each day.
- "This local landmark resembles an English country inn, with flower gardens, ponds and a gristmill from 1834" -- Fodor's
- "The Boar's Head shares Piedmont Virginia's affection for all things historic" -- Travel + Leisure
- "One of the best places to sample Virginia wines without trekking to the vineyards" -- Frommer's
- "Unlike what you might expect from a college-branded hotel" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Golf course (on-site)
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- Tennis courts
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Complimentary airport transfer
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra beds are not available.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available.
Pets are allowed on request: US$50 plus tax, per night. Pets are allowed in designated pet friendly rooms only. Please contact the hotel directly, when travelling with pets.
Pets are allowed in designated pet friendly rooms only. Please contact the hotel directly, when travelling with pets.
A resort/facility fee of US$15 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The resort fee includes Parking, Wireless Internet, Business Center, Shuttle Transportation, access to Sports Club Fitness Facility, Sauna, Pools, Daily Newspaper, Afternoon Coffee and Tea, Hiking trail access, Catch and Release Fishing and Fishing Rods and Electric Car charging stations.
The resort/ facility fee will be waived when booking the Travelzoo Deal rate.
The resort fee includes Parking, Wireless Internet, Business Center, Shuttle Transportation, access to Sports Club Fitness Facility, Sauna, Pools, Daily Newspaper, Afternoon Coffee and Tea, Hiking trail access, Catch and Release Fishing and Fishing Rods and Electric Car charging stations.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The property is non-smoking, including all public areas and guest rooms. Guests caught smoking on property and in guest rooms will be charged a $250 (subject to tax) penalty. Charges will be added to your bill at the discretion of the hotel.
The Inn Pool is open seasonally, from Memorial Day until Labor Day.
The hotel will be undergoing full renovations of its restaurant, bar, main entrance and lobby from February through September. 2018. During renovations, full dining options are available.
£116 / night
When You Can Go
Sunday-Thursday through Aug. 30; select weekends are £149
Getting ThereThe hotel is 15 minutes from the Charlottesville Amtrak Station and 20 minutes from Charlottesville Albemarle Airport. A complimentary airport/train station shuttle is provided for guests, based on availability and require advance reservations.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(23 Member Ratings)