£131 & up – Newport: Top Island Resort incl. Spa Credit
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
We've negotiated savings of up to 50% with Travelzoo-exclusive extras — like daily spa treatments — at one of the Top 10 Hotels in Newport (TripAdvisor). Explore the city's storied streets and mansions while scoring a room that can run as high as £614 per night during peak season.
"A little piece of the Hamptons ... in Newport" — Coastal Living
- Check in to a King or Two Double Room, most dates November-January
- £131-£175 per night ... Sunday-Thursday
- £193 per night ... Friday-Saturday
- Upgrade to a Waterview Room for +£18
- £101 daily credit toward a 50-minute spa treatment
- Complimentary valet parking (reg. £27 per day)
- October dates are also available starting at £219 per night; weekends are +£176
- Although all dates are discounted, we've negotiated the strongest savings on weekdays between December-January
What You Need to Know
- Daily spa credit cannot be used toward purchase of spa products; a 20% gratuity fee is not included and will be charged at time of service; call the spa in advance at 401-851-3225 to check availability
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of £19 plus tax per night between November-April (£31 through October); the fee covers welcome drinks upon arrival, shuttle service to downtown Newport, Wi-Fi, nightly turndown service and more
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Travelzoo Tip: Check out the on-site Seawater Spa's menu for a full list of treatments.
Why We Love This Hotel
- Located on Goat Island, the resort has three pet goats — Cornelia, Henry and Cooper — named after members of the Vanderbilt family
- It's less than 10 minutes into downtown on foot; there's also a complimentary shuttle if you don't feel like walking
- A chic, modern alternative to Newport's historic inns — think iHome stereos in guest rooms — and even the fitness center feels upscale thanks to perks like eucalyptus towels
Sure, Newport is best known for its gilded-age mansions and historical landmarks, like St. Mary's Church — site of John and Jackie Kennedy's wedding. However, Gurney's Resort feels decidedly contemporary: Loads of natural light and sweeping views of the Narragansett Bay greet guests as they step into the lobby, which by the way, is decked out with nautically inspired furniture like rope-netted chairs. There are also 21st-century amenities like Mercedes shuttle service into downtown and an on-site spa, where guests can choose among 40 sea-themed treatments.
The nautical-chic vibe extends into guest rooms, too, thanks to their blue, white and grey color palette offset by midcentury modern furnishings. They also come with granite counters in the bathrooms, 47-inch flat-screen TVs and beds that are "utterly comfortable" (The Telegraph). For unfettered vantages of the harbor, we recommend upgrading to a Waterview room.
Four on-site dining options include craft cocktails at the Lounge & Firepit, where guests can catch sweeping views of the sunset. There's also a seasonal poolside bar as well as a cafe for coffee and light snacks. However, the real standout here is Manhattan-import Scarpetta, which specializes in Italian classics prepared locally sourced ingredients and fresh-caught sea-foods. We suggest trying one of the pastas — they're handmade daily.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Nightlife / entertainment
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bed available in King Bed rooms only.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bed available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
US$25 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Extra bed available in King Bed rooms only.
Pets are allowed on request.
Maximum weight: 20 pounds.
Pet fees are based on length of stay: 75.00 USD (subject to tax) per stay for 1 night stays and 150.00 USD (subject to tax) per stay for stays of 2 nights or more. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pet friendly rooms come in either standard or water view and are located on the first floor of our Lighthouse Wing. Pets will receive food and water bowls, a bed to sleep in, and a special room service menu.
Valet service fee: US$35 plus tax per day. Valet parking includes in and out privileges.
Note: The valet parking fee will be waived when booking the "Travelzoo Deal" rate.
The resort fee varies and is based on stay dates.
For stays November 1 through April 30: A resort/facility fee of $25 USD tax inclusive, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
For stays from May 1 through October 31: A resort/facility fee of $40 USD tax inclusive, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out.
Valet parking includes in and out privileges.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Please contact the hotel for spa services and pricing.
£131 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(111 Member Ratings)