£76 – Shenandoah Valley Hotel incl. £23 in Extras
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Plan a weekend getaway to the member-favorite George Washington Grand Hotel on the northern edge of Shenandoah Valley. This deal saves 30%-45% on weekend stays and includes travel around the holidays when Old Town Winchester is bustling with events and activities.
- Stay in a Standard King or Two Doubles Room
- £76 per night ... through April 15
- Daily £8 food-and-beverage credit
- Two adult tickets to the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley per stay (reg. £15)
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children ages 16 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; book now and cancel later, if necessary
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is £6 plus tax per night
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Perched upon the Northern edge of the Shenandoah Valley, just 70 miles from Washington, D.C.
- Modern hotel housed in an historic building in Old Town Winchester
- Features a spa, two restaurants and indoor pool modeled after a Roman bath house
- Just a 30-minute drive to the Appalachian Trail
George Washington has been an integral figure in Winchester, Virginia, since the city's inception in 1752 when his troops were stationed nearby. Today, his presence is still felt in the Shenandoah Valley town, where his office remains, preserved, and landmarks have been named in his honor, including this Wyndham Grand Hotel.
Built in 1924, this renovated Georgian Revival property retains many historical features, including the brick facade, high ceilings and ornate crown molding, though guest rooms have been modernized with complimentary Wi-Fi.
The impressive indoor pool is modeled after a Roman bath house and accented with white marble columns, sculptures and a whirlpool tub. For further relaxation, guests can book a treatment at the Saumaj Health Spa. Fill up on classic American cuisine at the on-site George’s Food & Spirits, open all day. Daily happy hour specials are offered at Half Note Lounge, with live entertainment on the weekends.
Within a mile of the hotel, visitors can reach the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, Washington’s office and Stonewall Jackson’s headquarters. Country music fans can pay homage to Patsy Cline, as the star’s birthplace and grave site are on the edge of town. Perched at the top of the Shenandoah Valley, the hotel is a convenient starting point for hiking, cavern visits and wine tasting through the area's popular wine trail.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
Safe Fee: $1.50 per night plus 5.3% tax
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 16 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bed available upon request: US$10 plus tax, per night.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
US$10 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Pets: Only service animals allowed.
Valet service fee: US$8 plus tax per day.
Car park fee: US$8 plus tax per day.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
£76 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(27 Member Ratings)