Brown's Boutique Hotel
Why We Love It
- This trendy hotel is in Baixa, halfway between Rossio Square & the waterfront
- It is 2 blocks from the Elevador de Santa Justa & Rua Augusta's bars
- Have a lie-in in the mornings -- breakfast is available until midday
Rooms & Rates
Brown's Boutique Hotel is a trendy property near the Elevador de Santa Justa in the Baixa district of Lisbon. Lisbon is the sunniest capital in Europe, with 2799 hours of sunshine a year, which makes it a good choice for an off-season break. It also made number 26 in The Daily Telegraph's list of The World's 50 Greatest Cities in 2016 for its trams, food and "immensely satisfying views".
The hotel is in Baixa, halfway between Rossio Square (Pedro IV Square) and Lisbon's waterfront. The location is excellent -- it is two blocks from the Elevador de Santa Justa, a Neo-Gothic elevator designed by Raul Mésnier (apprentice to the creator of the Eiffel Tower) that is "one of Lisbon's more extraordinary structures" (Fodor's), and one block from the Rua Augusta, which has a "neighbourly vibe" with "closet-sized ginjinha (cherry liqueur) bars and street cafes" (Lonely Planet). Baixa-Chiado metro station is five minutes' walk away, for access to the marina and the oceanarium in Parque das Nações, and Cais do Sodré railway station, for trips to Belém.
Brown's Bistro, the hotel's coffee shop and restaurant, serves breakfast until midday. At lunch and dinner there's a mix of burgers, salads and traditional Portuguese dishes, and coffee, cocktails and sandwiches are also available throughout the day.
Rooms are small, and those with views overlook the street. All have free Wi-Fi.
- Newspaper / magazines
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 2:30pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
There is no extra bed available.
No pets allowed.
City tax not included in the total price: 1€ per person, per night, payable at the hotel.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
(15 Member Ratings)