Kimpton Hotel Madera
Why We Love It
- Many rooms have balconies; higher floors offer views of the National Cathedral and Rock Creek Park
- Pets are treated like paying guests --even welcomed at the nightly wine hour
- The White House, Kennedy Center and Georgetown University are within one mile of the hotel
- Freebies include morning coffee, happy hour, bedtime milk and cookies, nightcaps and loaner bikes
"Not your standard hotel, it's like a modern art museum ... with sleeping facilities" -- Gayot.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
The most intimate of Kimpton’s eight D.C. properties, Hotel Madera offers only 82 guest rooms in a 1960s building a few tree-lined blocks from Dupont Circle. Focusing on customer service, the boutique hotel provides special perks like complimentary morning coffee, evening wine, late night milk and cookies, and discounted valet service for hybrid car drivers.
Rich, natural materials in bold shades of crimson, gold and gray envelope the guest rooms against floor-to-ceiling windows. Accommodations feature in-room yoga mats, fully stocked honor bars and many include balconies overlooking New Hampshire Avenue and the surrounding neighborhood. Higher floors have views of Rock Creek Park and the National Cathedral while upgrade options include rooms with pull out sofas, bunk beds for kids, kitchenettes and Japanese massage chairs. The property caters to pets with loaner beds and water bowls, no size limit, as well as a concierge list of pet-friendly restaurants and parks nearby.
After happy hour in the lobby, guests can dine at Firefly, the hotel’s restaurant and a favorite among locals for farm-to-table American cuisine such as Eastern Shore crab cakes, three cheese macaroni and roasted chicken. The property provides loaner bikes, allowing guests to sightsee on two wheels. Embassy Row, The Kennedy Center, The White House and Georgetown’s waterfront are one mile from the hotel.
- "In a city that takes itself so seriously ... the Hotel Madera is a breath of fresh air" -- AFAR Magazine
- "Cozy yet cosmopolitan" -- Lonely Planet
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 48.99 per night (in/out privileges)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 25.0 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 26.43 per accommodation, per night
- Internet access
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.