Hotel 48LEX New York
Why We Love It
- Breakfast, all-day espresso and a nightly wine reception included in the room rate
- Rooms designed to resemble a plush Manhattan apartment
- Designed for business travelers and couples, rooms fit only two guests
- Rooms have free Wi-Fi, floor-to-ceiling windows and kitchenettes
"One of the trendier hotels in corporate Midtown East" -- Oyster.com
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Aptly named for the intersection it presides over in Midtown East, Hotel 48Lex New York is designed to feel like a home away from home. Guests are greeted curbside by an attentive staff that whisks them through check-in and directly to their rooms.
The intimate property has 116 rooms and suites, each modeled in the fashion of a luxurious Manhattan apartment. Pied-à-terre accommodations are elegantly appointed with floor-to-ceiling windows, stocked kitchenettes and marble bathrooms with glassed-in showers and deep soaking tubs. Complimentary Wi-Fi and large desks accommodate business travelers, while Egyptian cotton linens and in-room spa treatments pamper all guests. Designed primarily for business travelers and couples, most rooms fit only two guests. Visitors staying in suites enjoy extra luxuries, including higher floors with excellent skyline views and terraces large enough to host dinner parties.
Waking up in the city that never sleeps, guests can grab an espresso, Americano or cappuccino in the lobby lounge before starting the day or sit down to the free breakfast spread of fresh fruit, Danishes, meats, cheese, parfaits and more. After hours of meetings or sightseeing, visitors are welcomed back with a complimentary wine and cheese reception, offered nightly. For heartier fare, the Lexington Brass serves New American cuisine and a pantry of Dean & Deluca snacks and sommelier-chosen wines is available around the clock for late-night cravings.
The hotel’s gym is open 24 hours a day, or guests can head four blocks east past the UN to run or walk along the East River Promenade with views of the iconic “Coca-Cola” sign in Long Island City. Just a 10-minute walk from Grand Central Terminal, the property is near Bryant Park and the New York Public Library Main Branch, Times Square, the Theater District and subway lines branching out to the rest of the city.
- "The vibe here manages to be both upscale and relaxed" -- Oyster.com
- "Fairly good sized room … seemed even larger due to floor to ceiling windows leading out onto a terrace overlooking Lexington Avenue" -- Fodor’s
- "Offers an alternative for travelers looking for the familiar comforts of a chain without the corporate feel" -- NY Mag
- Newspaper / magazines
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 11am Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: USD 70-80 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 70-80 per night
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 60.00 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.