Villa del Palmar Cancun
Why We Love It
- Away from the hubbub of the Hotel Zone, on the quiet beaches of Playa Mujeres
- All rooms have kitchens & balconies with hammocks
- Right on the beach, the hotel opens to the Caribbean Sea with a huge pool landscape
- Four restaurants have menus spanning Mexico, Japan & the Mediterranean
"Home transported to the beaches of Mexico" -- Fodor's
Rooms & Rates
Set on a quiet stretch of sand 30 minutes' drive north of the Hotel Zone's raucous nightlife, the Villa del Palmar Beach Resort is a low-key option for a Cancun beach break. You'll find it alongside a Greg Norman-designed golf course in Playa Mujeres, a new resort that is calmer and less busy than its southern neighbour.
It's an expansive resort, with wings that wrap around a sprawling central courtyard and multiple pools, one with a hydro-massage bridge. Ringed by fire pits, an outdoor cantina and breezy cabanas, the courtyard opens up to the resort’s small private beachfront, where you can try paddle boarding or kayaking. Four dining options cover Mediterranean dishes, classic Mexican food, sushi and steaks, and there's also a leafy village spa for Mayan-influenced treatments.
All rooms feature private terraces that have either views of lush gardens or the glittering Caribbean sea, and are slung with a hammock for slowly rocking away a lazy day. Inside there are marble floors and kitchenettes, and -- as the suites grow in size -- Jacuzzis and dining rooms.
The hotel is right next door to the ferry terminal that services Isla Mujeres, lauded as an even quieter retreat thanks to its sparser development and slightly removed position. Guests are only 10 minutes away by taxi from downtown Cancun and there's a free shuttle service to the local stores.
- "[This resort] is like having your personal home transported to the beaches of Mexico. "Rooms" are more like apartments, with full kitchens, living rooms, dining areas, and spacious balconies draped with hammocks" -- Fodor's
- "Do what you really came here to do: sunbathe by the infinity pool or ocean with a top-shelf margarita in hand" -- Travel + Leisure
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Private beach
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Butler service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Jacuzzi in some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible parking
- Accessible restaurant
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Children ages 3 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request); under European Plan for meals.
Crib available on request, free of charge.
Children ages 4-12 are charged $40 per child, per night for the all-inclusive plan.
Extra bed available on request: $30 per night for children and adults.
Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.