The Royal Crescent Hotel & Spa
Why We Love It
- Star guest list includes Russell Brand, Michael Douglas & Michelle Pfeiffer
- Grand hotel has an award-winning 3-AA-Rosette fine dining restaurant on site
- Has just completed an extensive renovation project
"Delightful hotel" -- Condé Nast Traveller
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Michelle Pfeiffer, Russell Brand and Michael Douglas have all stayed at this, the grandest hotel in one of Britain’s most elegant cities. The property has just completed an extensive interior renovation project and is home to a 3-AA-Rosette fine dining restaurant and beautiful gardens.
Comprising several 18th-century buildings in the Bath crescent after which it is named, the Royal Crescent bedrooms vary in size from the Duke of York suite, named after the son of George III who once rented the place, to the smaller classic rooms. These are still impressive, with antique features, views over Bath’s rooftops, free Wi-Fi and bottles of mineral water.
The hotel is decorated throughout with meticulous attention to period style, including high ceilings with intricate plasterwork, marble-clad staircases, original portraits by Joshua Reynolds and Thomas Gainsborough and four-poster beds and fireplaces in some rooms. Even the cleaning staff’s starched white uniforms contribute to recreating the atmosphere of Georgian luxury.
There’s a spa and health club housed in the former stables with a swimming pool and small gym. Winner of a Most Romantic Table in the Bath Good Food Awards and three AA-Rosettes, the fine-dining Dower restaurant overlooks the hotel’s beautiful gardens. Expect dishes such as ceviche of Cornish scallops and Salisbury Plain deer on the menu.
For something really special, the hotel has its own 1920s river launch available for guests to hire to take a trip along the Kennet and Avon Canal (charges apply) from April-October. Otherwise, the UNESCO city of Bath has a lot to offer visitors, with top restaurants, museums, historical architecture, and those Roman baths.
- "Harks back to Regency England, when the 18th Century glitterati -- from George III's sons to Jane Austen -- all turned up to take the waters [in Bath]" -- The Daily Mail
- "Elegantly decorated… excellent restaurant" -- Condé Nast Traveller
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 3pm Check-out time is 12pm National Rating Know Before You Go
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP 30 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: GBP 30 per stay
- Extended parking fee: GBP 30 per stay
- Pet deposit: GBP 35.00 per stay
- Pet fee: GBP 35 per pet, per stay (maximum GBP 60 per stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 50.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.