£139 – Northumberland escape near national park, save 37%
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
This winter, get away from it all and admire the awe-inducing landscapes, “gloriously dark” star-filled night skies (Lonely Planet), and historic significance of Hadrian’s Wall in England’s northernmost county. The Riverdale Hall Hotel sits right on the edge of Northumberland National Park and a dinner, bed, and breakfast break for two now starts from £139. This saves up to 37% on direct rates.
- Valid 1 November, 2022-31 March, 2023
- An overnight stay for two people in a Standard Double or Twin room, with full English breakfast
- A 2-course dinner followed by coffee (worth £24.40 per person)
- Late checkout until midday (worth £20)
- A 2-night stay is £239, with dinner on the first night, daily breakfast, and late checkout
- It’s £10 more per night to stay in a Superior room. These are generally south facing with views across the grounds toward the river. Some have balconies and some have small patio areas
- Not available on 4-5, 18-19, 25-26 November; 24-25, 31 December, 2022; 1 January; 10-11, 14, 17-18 February, 2023
- This is a non-refundable rate. Cancellations are not permitted.
Why We Love This Hotel
- The Riverdale Hall Hotel is on the outskirts of Bellingham, a small market town that’s a well-known stop on the Pennine Way. The hotel is also on the boundaries of the “beguiling” (Lonely Planet) Northumberland National Park, “a place of vast, untouched landscapes”
- The Sill: National Landscape Discovery Centre is 30 minutes’ drive from the hotel. The centre has seasonal exhibitions and a rooftop walk for 360-degree vistas of the National Park and Hadrian’s Wall. Sycamore Gap, the tree made famous by “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves”, is a 30-minute easterly walk from here or venture westward to Cawfields to scale one of the highest standing sections of Hadrian’s Wall
- Kielder Water and Forest Park is home to Northern Europe's biggest artificial lake. Take the Lakeside Way to access some of the most scenic parts of the shore and look out for the many contemporary, open-air art installations dotted along the way. The visitor centre is less than 30 minutes' drive from the hotel
- Anglers will be in their element. The River North Tyne runs right by the hotel which is known for its salmon and trout. There’s also fishing at Kielder Water and Sweethope Loughs — both are approximately 15 minutes’ drive from the hotel
- The Northumberland International Dark Sky Park is the largest area of protected night sky in Europe and perfect for stargazing. The Kielder Observatory runs expert-led events and is 30 minutes’ drive from the hotel
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Extra beds are not available.
Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £10 per pet per stay.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel.
up to 37% off
£139 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(173 Member Ratings)