Member Exclusive – Beachfront Sanibel Island Inn, Save 10%
Sunset Beach Inn is situated alongside the shell-scattered, sandy white shores of Sanibel Island. Travelzoo members save 10% on stays in summer with this exclusively discounted rate.
- Travel most dates June 2 - Aug. 30
- £113-£147 per night in an upgraded Garden View Guestroom
Why We Love It
- Steps away from a white-sand beach on the southwest side of Florida
- All rooms come with private, screened balconies complete with patio furniture
- Find and collect shells with over 200 types along the beach
- Benefit from discounted prices on golf at the nearby Dunes Golf and Tennis Club
Sanibel Sunset Beach Inn is a beachfront property on Sanibel Island in Florida, a 12-minute drive west of its sister property, Sanibel Inn. This mid-range option offers guests affordable prices along white-sand beaches for a relaxing vacation for families and couples. The area is known for attracting 200-plus types of seashells to its shores due to its East-West positioning, and visitors adopt what's called the “Sanibel Stoop” to scoop them up as souvenirs.
Rooms are simple and modest, with full kitchens in some of the larger ones; however, all rooms include private, screened balconies. Upgrade to the Partial Gulf View or Gulf View Rooms to enjoy those dramatic, picturesque Florida sunsets. Complimentary Wi-Fi is provided throughout, and all guests receive a complimentary continental breakfast. There is a daily resort fee, but it covers many perks, such as use of bicycles, beach umbrellas, kayaks and paddleboards, plus discounts on rounds at The Dunes Golf and Tennis Club. The property is also home to one of the largest outdoor heated pools on the island.
For off-site exploring, the inn is a 10-minute drive to Periwinkle Place, full of shops and award-winning dining options. Explore J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge, a five-minute drive, known for its bird collection.
- "You won't find the high rises or kitsch that some beach towns have - but instead, a variety of mom-and-pop stores, plenty of marine life, and shells. Lots of shells." -- Travel & Leisure
- "America's Most Beautiful Barrier Islands" -- Huffington Post
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Outdoor pool
- Private beach
- Tennis courts
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- No elevator / lift
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Rates are based on two adults. Children up to the age of 16 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Additional guests aged 17 and older are $20 per person, per night. Pack & Plays available on request for infant's up to the age of 2: First Pack & Play is free, second is $20 per night + 11% tax. Aerobeds available on request for adults: $20 per night plus 11% tax. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Pets: No pets allowed.
A daily resort fee of $11 plus tax per night applies and is included in the total price shown on check-out page. The Resort Fee includes:
• Continental breakfast basket
• Beach chairs & umbrellas, recently updated and increased
• Beach towels
• Bicycles & helmets
• Improved wireless hi-speed Internet access
• Complimentary parking
• Tennis court access (racquets and tennis balls are included)
• The driving range at The Dunes Golf & Tennis Club
• Discounted 18 holes of golf at The Dunes Golf & Tennis Club - $49, which includes golf cart
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
When You Can Go
Most dates June 2 - Aug. 30
Getting ThereSanibel Sunset Beach Inn is a 50-minute drive from the Southwest Florida International Airport, servicing many airlines such as American, United and Southwest. Cab fare is approximately $45 each way. Fort Myers is a 35-minute drive and Naples is about an hour away.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.