£165 – Costa Rica: Luxe Marriott Resort, 55% Off
This chic property offers a luxurious abode for those looking to lose themselves in the beauty of Costa Rica's beaches and tropical mangrove forests. Travelzoo members can save 55% on suite stays into 2019, while receiving exclusive extras at the resort.
- What's included:
- Stay in a Bark or Nesto Suite
- £165 per night ... through Dec. 17
- £174 per night ... May 1 - Nov. 30, 2019
- Select dates Jan. 3 - April 30 also receive the deal extras below, but these dates are not discounted
- $50 daily resort credit
- Waived resort fee (reg. £15), which covers valet parking, Wi-Fi and bike and kayak rentals
- Choice of two yoga classes (non-private class) or two one-hour paddleboard rentals per stay (reg. £46 each)
- 2-night minimum stay required
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- Additional adults are +£23 per guest, per night; children 12 and under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
- Refundable price; book now and cancel later if needed
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- Note: In 2019, the complimentary yoga classes will not be available, only the paddleboard rentals
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
"The luxury resort’s vibe is private, serene and undeniably stylish" -- Forbes Travel Guide
Why We Love It
- This hip beachfront property is located just 20 minutes from the airport
- Features 85 modern suites, two restaurants, a long, cabana-flanked swimming pool, spa, gym, kid's club and 24-hour in-room dining
- The resort is a tranquil hideaway nestled between the opulent Papagayo Peninsula and bustling town of Playas del Coco
- Guests can swim, surf, kayak, snorkel, paddleboard, bike, hike or do yoga on the resort's grounds
This 4.5-star boutique hotel offers airy suites with contemporary decor resembling the surrounding mangrove trees, sugarcane and stone. Rooms are equipped with air conditioning, large walk-in rain showers, complimentary Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs and patios complete with hammocks.
El Mangroove sits on 17 acres and has a beautiful beachfront. Guests can spend the day paddleboarding, kayaking or surfing, or rent a bicycle and cruise through the lush grounds. Cool off poolside with music from international DJs, relax in one of the private cabanas, hit the spa or take a free yoga class.
For on-site dining, head to Makoko for elegant, contemporary cuisine in a casual atmosphere, or to Matiss for a relaxed setting with ocean views. For shopping or a night out, the artsy town of Playas del Coco (or "El Coco," as the locals call it) is just 15 minutes away.
- "Sleek design, excellent service and a fabulous location are the hallmarks of El Mangroove, an 85-room resort on Costa Rica’s postcard-worthy Papagayo Gulf" -- The Telegraph UK
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Minimum age required to check-in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 12 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra beds are not available. Extra person fee is $30 (subject to tax) per person per night.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available. Extra person fee is $30 (subject to tax) per person per night.
No pets allowed.
A resort fee of $20.00 per room/ per night applies and is included in the total price shown. The resort fee includes valet parking, Wi-Fi, local calls, bike rentals and kayak rentals.
The resort fee is waived when booking the Travelzoo Deal.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
£165 / night
When You Can Go
Options through November 2019
Getting ThereEl Mangroove, Autograph Collection is located just 20 minutes from the Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport in Guanacaste, Liberia, Costa Rica. You can also fly into Juan Santamaría International Airport in San Jose and then transfer to a domestic flight.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.