Hôtel Le Germain Québec
Why We Love It
- This CAA 4-Diamond hotel has been dubbed "one of the city’s most refined boutique hotels" (Frommer's)
- The building dates back to 1912 and is located in Quebec City's charming Old Port -- a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Surrounding streets are lined with ancestral homes, art galleries, boutiques, and cafes
- Bedding that is "downright heavenly" (Frommer's), complimentary Wi-Fi and daily continental breakfast
"One of the Top 5 Best Boutique Hotels in Québec City" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
While retaining the original charm of the 1912 building, Hotel Le Germain Quebec manages to bring in modern touches through sleek iron and glass decor and in-room technology. Not overdone or stuffy, guests will still find an Old World feel with a concierge guide, valet parking and knowledgeable staff eager to share their favourite local tips.
Rooms are surprisingly spacious for a boutique hotel that was once a century-old building. Classic decor with crisp white bedding, plush feather duvets, Molton Brown toiletries and bamboo towels can be found in each of the hotel's room types. Request a room on the upper floors for views of the Old Port and the St. Lawrence River. Also available to guests of the furrier sort are dining bowls, bedding and treats. An additional pet fee applies. While plenty of restaurants are nearby, guests get complimentary breakfast, which should not to be mistaken for the typical continental fare; this deluxe spread includes yogurt parfaits, artisanal cheeses and rabbit pate.
The surrounding neighbourhood of Old Port, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, underwent restoration in 2008 for the city's 400th anniversary, and is lined with some of Quebec's quaintest boutiques and sidewalk cafes. The nearby harbour dates back to the 17th century, and offers expansive views of the St. Lawrence River. A local favourite is the Promenade Samuel De-Champlain, a 2.5-kilometre park along the river with "smart, whimsical, and modern landscape design"(Fodor's). Bring good walking shoes and be sure to stop off at the park's observation tower at the western end.
- "A beautiful blend of magazine-worthy modern decor and vintage architectural features" -- Montreal Gazette
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Parking (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 4pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: CAD 25.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 25.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 30 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 30 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.