£119 & up – Devon: 2-night coaching inn break, was £255
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Stay two nights from £119 at a renovated coaching inn that's 30 minutes' drive from Dartmoor and Exmoor national parks. This offer from The Fox & Hounds Country Hotel saves up to 53% on the regular rates.
- Two nights' accommodation in a Standard Room, with daily full English breakfast, for two
- Two-night stays with daily breakfast and a 3-course à la carte dinner on the first night only start from £169
- Saturdays are an extra £20
- Superior Rooms are an extra £10 per night
- Children under 16 can stay on B&B for an extra £20 per child, per night
- Well-behaved dogs are an extra £10 per dog, per night
Why We Love This Hotel
- This former coaching inn is set in six acres of gardens
- The hotel sits on the banks of the River Taw, which was made famous by Henry Williamson's novel Tarka the Otter
- Actitivites on offer include fishing, falconry, horse riding and shooting
- Exmoor, Dartmoor and Exeter are all within 45 minutes' drive
The Fox & Hounds Country Hotel is a renovated coaching inn set in six acres of picturesque grounds in the North Devon countryside.
There are lots of walking routes nearby, including the Tarka Trail, the Two Moors Way and the South West Coast Path, and the hotel has maps and trails for guests to use.
The hotel's gardens extend down to the River Taw, and the property offers a 5-mile stretch of salmon and trout fishing. There's also an on-site fishing school. Guests can try falconry, horse riding and shooting on site (charges apply), while DVD players and fishing equipment are available to hire (supplements apply; pre-booking advised).
Dartmoor and Exmoor national parks are half an hour's drive away, as is the city of Exeter. It's a 25-minute drive to RHS Garden Rosemoor (open year round).
The restaurant specialises in classic British cuisine made using local Devon ingredients, and the bar offers three local ciders and a number of real ales.
Rooms are spacious and feature antique French furniture. The rooms at the back have views over the garden to Heywood Forest and Eggesford Church.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 2:30pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 10:30am.
Children and additional guests:
Cot available upon request, free of charge, for children 2 or under. Infant's cots and extra beds are available in Standard and Superior only.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Supplements are not included automatically in the total price and will be charged directly by the hotel. See room descriptions and rate policies for information about room occupancy and prices.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
£20 per night for children 3 to 16.
£40 per night for older children and adults.
Infant's cots and extra beds are available in Standard and Superior only.
Pets: Pets are allowed on request and will be charged at £10 per pet per day.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 53% off
£60 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(49 Member Ratings)