Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa
Why We Love It
- The hotel has been AAA 4-Diamond since 1986 and Forbes 4-star since 2009
- Its Cannery Row location in the historic district is ideal for shopping and dining
- Guests may spot sea animals like dolphins, whales and otters
- The award-winning spa beckons with specialised treatments and bay views
"#1 out of 53 Monterey hotels" -- TripAdvisor
Rooms & Rates
Laze the days away at an ideal location on Cannery Row and overlooking Monterey Bay. Defined by sweeping coastal views, the AAA 4-Diamond Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa is also near many attractions. Walk to Fisherman's Wharf, where you can dine and shop, then head to Monterey Bay Aquarium to see exhibits and take a tour.
Back at the resort, sink your toes in the sand at the beach or head out on a kayak. Whale watching is also a popular activity (in season). The patio at Schooners Coastal Kitchen & Bar suspends over the bay and invites guests for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Don't miss visiting the Vista Blue Spa, voted one of the top U.S. hotel spas by Conde Nast Traveler readers in 2013. Aside from booking treatments like a custom massage and fruit enzyme peel, spend time soaking in a whirlpool tub while enjoying a view of the bay. The spa also has a sauna, eucalyptus-infused steam room and offers yoga classes.
In the evening, slip into a spa-quality robe and unwind in your plush room -- all accommodations come with a down feather bed, marble bathroom and a soothing colour palette. Some rooms have balconies and sea views with binoculars, great for keeping an eye out for sea life.
Guests are responsible for a $27 nightly resort fee that covers parking, Internet, spa and fitness centre access.
- "One of the most formal hotels in town, the Monterey Plaza comprises three buildings -- two on the water and one across the street -- connected by a second-story enclosed 'skywalk'" -- Frommer's
- "Dolphins swim by the property almost daily, and travelers on their private balconies can often spot sea otter searching for oysters" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Whether you’re working out on an elliptical trainer or enjoying a soak, you can watch kayakers and otters traverse the blue waters of the beautiful Monterey Bay below" -- Forbes Travel Guide
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
Complimentary shuttle service within Monterey.
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Room service (limited hours)
- Shuttle service (fees apply)
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Wi-Fi in public areas (fees apply)
- High-Speed Wi-Fi (fees apply)
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Crib available on request, free of charge. Extra bed available on request and in the king bed rooms only: $20 per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: No pets allowed.
The Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa charges a nightly Resort Fee of $29 per room per night. This resort fee is not in itself a tax and includes:
Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.