£110 & up – Chic Vermont Hotel incl. Fall-Foliage Season
Kimpton Taconic Hotel is "perfect for every season" (Forbes), and Travelzoo members save up to 45% on stays. This exclusive deal includes a daily dining credit from leaf-peeping season through spring at this member-favorite property.
- What's included:
- £110 per night ... Sunday-Thursday, Oct. 28 - April 30
- £160 per night ... Sunday-Thursday through Oct. 25
- £185 per night ... Friday-Saturday, November-April
- £31 food-and-beverage credit per night (must be used each day and cannot be accumulated)
- Reduced resort fee of £22 per night (originally £31 plus tax), which covers valet and self-parking, morning coffee and tea services, Wi-Fi, 24-hour fitness room, bike rentals (seasonal) and nightly hosted social hour
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room
- There is a 2-night minimum for Saturday arrivals
- Additional adults cannot be accommodated; children 16 and under stay free when using existing bedding
- These rates are refundable; cancel 7 days prior to arrival to avoid penalties
- Pet-friendly at no additional charge; hotel provides extras like plush pet beds, food, water bowls, mats and courtesy walking bags
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
What you need to know:
"Delivers a warm, welcoming and authentic taste of New England" -- Forbes
Why We Love It
- Free coffee, tea and hot cocoa served every morning
- Complimentary wine hour with nibbles every evening
- The hotel's wraparound porch and fire pit offer guests a scenic place to relax
- About a three- to four-hour drive from Boston and New York City for a short weekend getaway
Still garnering buzz as the Kimpton brand's first Vermont property, the Taconic Hotel -- which opened in December 2015 -- offers quintessential New England charm on four acres in scenic Manchester. Named after the neighboring Taconic Mountain range, the property offers a great base from which to take in the "old-world, old-money elegance" (Frommer's) of this picturesque southern Vermont town.
Lauded by the Boston Globe as "a modern take on the grand inns of the early 20th century," the property boasts a main inn complete with a wraparound porch and a fire pit, along with three private cottages, a fitness center, an outdoor seasonal heated pool (opens mid-May through October) and the on-site Copper Grouse restaurant "that's so good it attracts as many locals as guests" (NY Daily News).
The restaurant "celebrates the culinary treasures of Vermont" (Boston Globe) with dishes like cheddar ale soup, cider-brined chicken and maple creme brulee. Order room service, sit out on the restaurant's porch or sip local brews at the bar, lauded by Men's Journal as one of the 20 Best Hotel Bars in America.
Cozy rooms pull design inspiration from the natural surrounds, with soothing earth tones and pops of plaid. Outdoor enthusiasts will especially appreciate the in-room yoga mats and hand-crafted wooden walking sticks. Be sure to pick up a trek map at the front desk, which leads guests to "secret swimming holes, hidden waterfalls and off-the-beaten-track snowshoe trails" (Boston Globe).
The usual Kimpton perks also await on site, with free coffee and tea served in the mornings and a nightly wine hour with complimentary nibbles dished out to guests in the evenings. Enjoy your wine in the hotel's cozy library, which works in partnership with Manchester's local book store to display and highlight the best new reads.
For further exploring afield, the Lincoln Family Home, Lye Brook Falls and the Manchester Designer Outlets are all within a 10-minute drive.
- "Vermont's newest luxury hotel" -- Town & Country Magazine
- "Inspired by New England's grand Victorian inns" -- Vogue
- "The Copper Grouse offers a real sense of place that also tastes great, and has a welcoming cozy feel, an open-exhibition kitchen, and a long list of craft beer and specialty cocktails, many featuring Vermont made spirits" -- Forbes
- "Aims to bridge the gap between the grand inns of Vermont's past and today's boutique lodging" -- The Boston Globe
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary valet service
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 16 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra beds are not available. Rooms cannot accommodate an extra bed, roll-a-way bed or cot.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra beds are not available. Rooms cannot accommodate an extra bed, roll-a-way bed or cot.
Pets are allowed on request, free of charge. The hotel provides a plush pet-bed loaners in your guest room, food, water bowls and mats.
Guests will need to complete a pet waiver upon check-in and pets should be caged or out of rooms during housekeeping service.
A resort/facility fee of US$13.75 inclusive of tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. The resort fee includes:
The resort fee includes:
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
The outdoor, heated, salt-water pool is open seasonally and weather permitting.
Advance reservations are highly recommended for dining at The Copper Grouse. Please contact 802-362-0176 or email@example.com to make a reservation prior to check-in.
£110 / night
When You Can Go
Travel options through April
Getting ThereIf flying, Albany International Airport (ALB) is approximately 90 minutes away and Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT) is two hours and 30 minutes from the hotel. If coming from New York, Boston or Montreal, the drive is less than four hours. Parking is free on site.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(187 Member Ratings)