£351 – Chicago: 5-Star Suite Near Mag Mile w/£76 Credit
Why We Love This Deal
These rarely-discounted stays at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago include an immediate upgrade to a Junior Suite plus a £76 hotel credit, along with late checkout for a few extra hours in the lap of luxury.
"This grand Gold Coast outpost is the ultimate in luxury” -- Zagat
- £351-£400 per night ... stay in a Junior Suite, most dates through January 2020
- +£44 to upgrade to a One-Bedroom Suite; +£89 to upgrade to a Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite
- All stays include a £76 hotel credit toward dining, drinks or spa treatments
- Complimentary late checkout (reg. +£44)
- Similar suites at other nearby 5-star hotels are reliably between $500-$800 per night
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- These rates are nonrefundable and noncancellable
- No resort fee
- Free Wi-Fi
- Valet parking is £55 plus tax per night
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Named the best hotel in America (Condé Nast Traveler Readers Choice Awards 2015)
- Private Mercedes-Benz car service for drop-offs within two miles of the hotel
- Suites feature fireplaces and marble bathrooms with soaking tubs
- Plenty of room to stretch out -- most rooms are at least 600 square feet
The Waldorf Astoria name is perhaps most associated with the iconic New York property just steps from Central Park, but it's the Chicago outpost that was literally named the best hotel in America by Condé Nast Traveler readers. When you look at the spacious rooms and amenities like a full spa, a personal concierge service and critically-praised cocktail bar, you start to understand why.
Forbes Travel Guide calls the Waldorf "easily one of the most fashionable hotels in the city," with rooms that feature Parisian style from the contemporary silver-grey color palate to the in-room fireplaces to the private terraces. There are a few base-level standard rooms, but most of the accommodations here are suites, starting at 630 square feet up to the 3160-square-foot Presidential Suite on the 26th floor. All rooms feature marble bathrooms, soaking tubs and vanities with inset TVs, 42" flat-panel TVs and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Guests of the Waldorf Astoria receive access to the spa's mosaic-tiled lap pool, fitness center, eucalyptus steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi and can arrange for a DreamDry blowout service at the hair salon. For a more private experience, in-room spa treatments can be arranged and services even extend to a bath menu that can be drawn for you with special oils and salts.
The on-site restaurant, simply called The Kitchen, serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch featuring an American menu (and endless Veuve Cliquot can be ordered on the weekends). Bernard's Bar, the cocktail bar on the hotel's second floor, is "the hidden jewel within the Waldorf palace" (Time Out Chicago) with a well-thought-out cocktail bar and small bites.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Butler service
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Complimentary shoe shine service
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible parking
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children 18 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding.
Extra bed available upon request: free of charge.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
US$25 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Maximum weight: 15 kg. Dogs are allowed on request and will be charged at 75 USD plus tax per pet, per stay.
Dogs are allowed on request and will be charged at 75 USD plus tax per pet, per stay.
Fees: Valet service fee: US$73 plus tax per day.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
£351 / night
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.