Sofitel Buenos Aires
Why We Love It
- City’s first skyscraper now luxe hotel in Recoleta
- Rooms have Frette linens, Nespresso machines and L’Occtaine toiletries
- Le Sud is one of the city’s top-rated French restaurants
- Features an indoor pool, gym and library with guest lecturers
"It’s still considered one of the classiest hotels in Buenos Aires, known for its understated elegance" -- Fodor’s
Rooms & Rates
Housed in the city’s first skyscraper, erected in 1929 by a shipping magnate, the Sofitel Buenos Aires has maintained an air of grandeur since its days as a private apartment building. The landmark high-rise is nestled between foreign embassies and art galleries on a tree-lined street in the upscale Recoleta neighborhood.
The scent of verbena blossoms fills the glass atrium lobby as guests make their way across the Neoclassical black-and-white tile entryway. All rooms are furnished with black and crème Art Deco décor and have either one king or two queen beds topped with Sofitel’s own line of mattresses, feather duvets and Frette linens – guaranteeing a good night’s rest. Upper-level rooms offer amazing panoramic views of the city skyline and the Río de la Plata. Nespresso coffeemakers in accommodations start the morning while marble bathrooms with separate showers and tubs are equipped with L'Occitane toiletries, ideal for unwinding after a day of meetings or sightseeing.
Wi-Fi is complimentary in guest rooms as well as throughout the entire building. Guests also have access to the on-site library which hosts guest lecturers speaking about Argentinian wine, art, history and architecture. The hotel also features an indoor pool, hammam and fitness center. Le Sud offers a unique Argentinean twist on upscale French cuisine and the traditional Café Arroyo is open early for cappuccinos and fresh croissants and late for cocktails and small plates. Drinks in La Bibliothèque are best paired with a good read from the bar’s extensive shelves while relaxing by the fireplace.
- "Elegant hotel with French charm in the lovely neighborhood of La Recoleta" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- "Unlike some design-minded hotels, these suites were made for sleeping" -- Travel + Leisure
- Indoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Mini bar
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Separate shower
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 35 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- All citizens of Argentina will be charged the national value-added tax (21%) upon check-out. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. To qualify for a tax exemption, tourists must present a valid passport and pay for the services rendered with a non-Argentine credit card or via bank transfer from another country. This tax exemption does not apply for stays over 90 days. In the case of cancelled bookings, the cancellation penalties paid by the traveler will also be subject to the national VAT (21%).
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.