Sabie River Bush Lodge
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- Luxury tents, rooms & cabins opposite Kruger National Park, with excellent Big Five viewing chances
- It offers guided full- and half-day safaris with packed lunches & a field guide
- Rooms & cabins feature patios or balconies & free Wi-Fi; some include breakfast/dinner)
- It has a garden, an outdoor pool with a sun deck on the river, an African-themed restaurant, a bar/lounge & free on-site mini golf
- It has a Trip Advisor Service Excellence Award & is a Mpumalanga Tourism Provincial Winner
The 3-star Sabie River Bush Lodge offers an authentic yet comfortable African bush experience. It has a range of tented, log-cabin and standard accommodation along the banks of the Sabie River, just opposite the iconic Kruger National Park -- home to many of Africa's big-game and other wildlife species. While animal sightings can never be guaranteed, a stay at the lodge offers a high chance of seeing the entire Big Five (lions, leopards, hippos, elephants and buffalo) from the comfort of a sun lounger on the pool deck overlooking the river.
The Sabie River Bush Lodge is only 19 kilometres from the Kruger Gate entrance to the park, near the southern section, which is known for being the area of the park with the highest number of animal sightings, particularly of lions, leopards and wild dogs. The lodge offers half- or full-day open-vehicle safari tours of the park with a qualified game guide (ZAR600-725 per adult for a half-day safari; ZAR980 for a full day), as well as a boma (a large open-fire pit) for viewing animals at night.
There are 18 rooms, including luxury bush tents with outdoor showers, log cabins on stilts, round African houses with thatched roofs or standard-type hotel rooms. All feature a patio or balcony, and come equipped with a safe and free Wi-Fi; some include breakfast and/or dinner in the price. The hotel also provides packed lunches for guests on safari.
As well as hanging out at the outdoor pool, guests can grab a bite to eat at the Gecko Lapa restaurant, which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is also bar/lounge and a garden, and free on-site parking. Services available from the 24-hour reception include babysitting, laundry, currency exchange, fax/photocopying and a tour desk. The lodge also has an on-site mini-golf course, which is free for guests, or you can play a round of golf within the park boundaries at the nearby Shukusa Golf Course.