£80-£97 – Coastal Maine Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% Off
We're excited to bring back this member-favorite property, which The New York Times says is like being "transported to a dreamy postcard." Travelzoo members save 40% on stays into summer.
- £80-£97 per night ... most dates through July 15
- £145 per night ... July 1-2, 6-7, 13-14
- Friday and Saturday stays require a 2-night minimum
“Cool, midcentury-modern homage to cozy New England rusticity” – New York Times
Why We Love It
- Historic coastal property completed renovations in early 2016 but maintains old-school charm
- All guests are treated to a homemade Maine-inspired small plates breakfast
- On-site Pig + Poet restaurant embraces New England cuisine with sustainable ingredients
- Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Edna St. Vincent Millay was discovered at a reading at the hotel in 1912
The grounds of the historic Whitehall overlook one of Maine’s most picturesque bays from the base of Mount Battie. After more than a century welcoming guests to Camden’s coastline, the iconic inn joined Lark Hotels and recently underwent extensive renovations in early 2016.
Maintaining the white clapboard siding and wraparound porch of the original sea captain’s home, the property was redesigned with eye-popping fabrics, bold hues and modern amenities such as iPads and Apple TVs in guestrooms.
Every morning, guests are treated to a breakfast of Maine-inspired small plates. Outside, old-school entertainment awaits, including shuffleboard, cornhole and a backyard fire pit idyllic for summer nights.
Pig + Poet, the on-site restaurant, features a locally-sourced menu from chef Dirk Yeaton, who has served modern Maine cuisine for over 25 years. “Poet” is a nod to Edna St. Vincent Millay, the Pulitzer Prize winner discovered at a Whitehall reading in 1912.
During the hotel’s six-month season, visitors can explore Camden’s parks and wineries, hike Mount Battie, sail Penobscot Bay or tour the six lighthouses within an hour’s drive of the property.
- “For beachgoers headed north, Whitehall adds a dose of modernity to Camden, Maine” -- Conde Nast Traveler
- “The second coming of a historic hotel in [a] storybook seaport town” -- Urban Daddy
- “Along one of the prettiest bays of the state, with mountains in its backyard, the historic Whitehall hotel got Lark-ified with an eye-popping redesign” -- Forbes
- Newspaper / magazines
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- Concierge service
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPad on request
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
If your check-in will be after 9pm, please contact 1-800-789-6565, prior to 10pm, to make arrangements for late check-in.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children are welcome and must be included in the occupancy listed on the booking confirmation. Infants cribs and extra beds are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Additional details: The hotel is open seasonally, from May through October.
£80 / night
When You Can Go
Most dates through July 15
Getting ThereThe hotel is 90 minutes from Portland and provides free on-site parking.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
(46 Member Ratings)