Hotel Galvez and Spa
Why We Love It
- Dating back to 1911, this iconic hotel is known as "Queen of the Gulf"
- Galvez Bar & Grill's Sunday brunch is listed among the best in the country
- The large heated pool is a retreat with vine-covered columns and a swim-up bar
- Complimentary shuttles and courtesy bicycle are available for island exploration
"Grande dame on a Texas beach" -- Travel + Leisure
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Known as "Queen of the Gulf," Hotel Galvez & Spa is an iconic property gracing the Texas coastline for over 100 years. Attracting both couples and families, this AAA 4-Diamond hotel is across the street from the beach where "there’s no sign of the area’s rowdy spring-break scene" (Travel + Leisure).
Celebrating the building's original architecture, guestrooms are on the smaller side, but their amenities "are as modern as they come" (U.S. News) and include complimentary Wi-Fi, docking stations and Simmons Smart Beds.
Named one of the Top 100 Brunch Restaurants in America by OpenTable diners, Galvez Bar & Grill is the go-to for local seafood and a renowned Sunday Champagne Brunch. Guests can enjoy poolside cocktails and Texas-style bites at the seasonal swim-up bar and grill.
A full menu of services is available at the tranquil day spa, but the true hub of relaxation is the expansive saline pool with a whirlpool and plenty of recliners.
To explore off-site attractions, the hotel offers bicycle rentals and a courtesy shuttle to the Strand Historic District and Pier 21.
- "The real star of the hotel is the staff, who provide friendly and accommodating southern hospitality" -- Oyster.com
- "[Hotel Galvez] celebrated its 100th anniversary ... yet it's hardly showing its age" -- U.S. News
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Pool bar
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 4pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children up to the age of 18 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Pack and Play available on request (and based on availability), free of charge. Extra bed available on request (and based on availability), for one child or one adult in the City View King Room only: $20.00 per day (subject to tax).Charges will be applied by hotel.
Pets (25 lbs. or less) are allowed on request and will be charged a $100.00 (subject to tax) cleaning fee per stay. Charges will be applied by hotel.
A Valet Parking Fee of $17.00 (subject to tax) and a Self-Parking fee of $8.00 (subject to tax), per day applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel. There is an additional cost for oversize vehicles. This rate is subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the property.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
(143 Member Ratings)