Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Why We Love It
- 100 acres of rain forest overlooking Sugar Beach, the Caribbean and St. Lucia’s twin Pitons
- All villas have private plunge pools and butler service
- Complimentary aerobics, yoga and Pilates classes
- Treetop spa offers treatments with all-natural products
"One of the best oceanfront locales on St. Lucia" -- Frommer’s
Rooms & Rates
Set upon a former sugarcane plantation, Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort, holds prime real estate between the Caribbean Sea and Val des Pitons mountains. The private, powder-soft sand is home to an open-air beach bar delivering rum cocktails to sunbathers. Active guests can access the on-site PADI dive center, kayaks, paddleboards, a fitness center and complimentary yoga and Pilates classes.
Visitors are ushered up and down the resort’s terrain in Tuk Tuk's to villas tucked into the hillside with views of the Piton mountains and/or Caribbean Sea. Each suite features glamorous white-on-white décor, a walk-in closet, separate living room, crystal chandeliers, private deck with oversized plunge pool and bathroom with a soaking tub. Personal butlers tend to every need from unpacking to dinner reservations and scheduling the resort shuttle. Rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi, iPod docking stations and DVD players for the flat-screen televisions.
The waterfront restaurant serves seared scallops, Kobe beef, fresh fish and tropical fruit, while breakfast is served on the hotel’s terrace. The property is also home to tennis and beach volleyball courts as well as the Rainforest Spa, offering treatments with all-natural products within treehouse bungalows.
- "When British pub baron Roger Myers put $100 million into a rebranding by Viceroy, he raised the bar on an island already known for luxury" -- Travel + Leisure
- "Swimming and snorkeling at the beach are particularly special because of the Piton views and abundant sea life underwater" -- Fodor’s
- "A cool riff on tropical colonial-style architecture, terraced amid rain forest greenery" -- Conde Nast Traveler
- Infant cots / cribs
- Kids' club
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Games room
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis courts
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- No elevator / lift
- Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour security
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Butler service
- Chauffeur service (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Pillow menu
- Business center
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- iPad on request
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Smoking-rooms available
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children ages 15 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request).
Crib available on request, free of charge for children up to the age of 4.
Extra bed available on request and in the Superior Luxury Cottage and above categories free of charge.
Extra person charge is $65 + tax per night. Charges will be added to your bill at the hotel.
Pets: No pets allowed.