Why We Love It
- Narragansett’s first boutique hotel, opened in June 2015
- Catch the sunset from the oceanview rooftop lounge and deck
- Complimentary breakfast includes homemade pastries and small plates
- Partners with local surf shop for reduced-price Surfset classes
“A funky addition to the tony seaside town of Narragansett” -- Arrive Magazine
Rooms & Rates
The Break, Narragansett’s first boutique hotel, opened in June 2015. The vintage-inspired design incorporates bold turquoise accents, a 400-gallon saltwater fish tank and nostalgic surfer vibes, a perfect fit within the local, laid-back beach culture. Located just one block from the shoreline, the hotel is walking distance to the Port of Galilee and Point Judith Lighthouse.
The 16 suites and rooms, most with private balconies, include luxe amenities like heated bathroom floors, fireplaces, iPads, Apple TVs and free Wi-Fi. Guests are treated to a smorgasbord of sweet and savory small plates along with homemade baked goods each morning. After breakfast, visitors can settle into the sand with complimentary beach bags and chairs, take a discounted Surfset class near the heated pool, or add some preppy New England style to their suitcase with a guest-exclusive discount to Vineyard Vines.
Chair 5, the on-site restaurant, is named for a lifeguard post and locals’ gathering spot. The chef's signature dishes reflect his heritage, serving New England cuisine with an Asian twist. The menu is also available in the rooftop lounge, paired with craft beers, artisan cocktails and views of the ocean.
- “In-the-know East Coast surfers already head to Narragansett … The Break finally gives them a stylish place to stay” -- AFAR Magazine
- “The designer has cleverly condensed summer on the shore into one fantastic package” -- Rhode Island Monthly
- "Even the leisure pursuits are high-toned: billiards on the black-felted table or croquet on the small lawn in the courtyard" -- Forbes Travel
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Roof terrace
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- Concierge service
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPad on request
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub (in some rooms)
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Public car park
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests: Children are treated same as adults in rates -- must be included within maximum occupancy of the room. No cribs/cots or extra beds available.
Pets: No pets allowed.