Why We Love It
- Intimate and charming boutique ranked in the top five hotels in Seattle on TripAdvisor
- Set in historic Ballard, a hip Seattle neighborhood
- A five-minute walk from the Ballard Locks, one of top tourist attractions in town
- Guests get access to neighboring Olympic Athletic Club including fitness and yoga classes, sauna steam room and lap pool
"Steps from the area’s thriving art scene" -- Gayot
Rooms & Rates
Ranked in the top five hotels in Seattle on TripAdvisor, Hotel Ballard is a hidden gem -- intimate, charming and with first rate service -- in what Fodor’s calls “one of the city’s hippest neighborhoods.” The red-brick hotel sits 10 minutes north of downtown in historic Ballard, along a row of trendy boutiques, eclectic eateries and quintessential Seattle coffeehouses spread along the neighborhood’s main drag, Ballard Avenue.
It’s a five-minute walk to the waterfront at Salmon Bay where the famous Ballard Locks -- one of Seattle’s most popular tourist attractions -- moves boats from the fresh water of Lake Union and Lake Washington to the salty Puget Sound. The grounds also feature a seven-acre botanical garden and fish ladder where locals flock during summertime to picnic and watch the salmon migrate upstream.
Ballard’s laid-back pace allows for plenty of time to leisurely stroll its cobblestone streets. By night, the neighborhood is home to a hopping bar-scene with multiple music venues and hot spots. Luckily for guests, rooms feature well insulated windows to keep street noise outside. Rooms are posh and compact, washed in modern meets old-world charm and furnished with upholstered headboards, crown moldings and chandeliers.
Downstairs, Stoneburner restaurant serves Mediterranean-style eats prepared on an open stone-hearth oven and delivers straight to guest rooms via hotel room service. For many guests though, their favorite amenity is the complimentary access to the neighboring Olympic Athletic Club, including fitness and yoga classes, and use of the sauna steam room and two indoor lap pools. The club is open 24-hours during the week, closing at 8 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday nights.
- “Hotel Ballard has a lovely street profile, with its wrought-iron balconies blending in with red-bricked edifices of yore. Inside, it’s even more opulent” -- Lonely Planet
- “As neighborhood hotels pop up in Seattle, the fanciest one is this indulgent Ballard escape in the middle of the historic area boasting cool shops and a weekend cocktail trail” -- Zagat
- "Located in the center of Ballard --- arguably Seattle's most interesting neighborhood --- this boutique hotel is steps from the area’s thriving art scene" -- Gayot
- Roof terrace
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Baby-sitting service on request
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Parking (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard Time is 3pm.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets not allowed. The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in or checkout.
You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed. Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in or checkout.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.