Balboa Bay Resort
Why We Love It
- Rated AAA 4-Diamond, it's the only full-service waterfront resort in Newport Beach
- Renovated in 2014, the property feels chic and new -- be sure to spend an evening by an outdoor fire pit overlooking the multi-million dollar yachts
- Huge accommodations -- basic rooms start at 500-square-feet and come with a private balcony and soaking tub
- The nightly "hospitality fee" of $20 for items like Wi-Fi and coffee is a bit annoying, but the hotel chips in a welcome bottle of Chardonnay
"Perennially popular destination" -- Frommer's
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Just off the Pacific Coast Highway along 15 waterfront-acres is the Mediterranean-style AAA 4-Diamond Balboa Bay Resort. Come hungry so you can check in, and then dine at Waterline. The restaurant showcases a water-to-table concept and picturesque views of sunsets. This dining experience will entice all of your senses with fresh entrees and unforgettable harbor views.
With a satisfied appetite, head to one of many local beaches for a stroll, or back to your guest room that opens to a private furnished balcony and invites relaxation in a marble bathroom with deep soaking tub.
This waterfront gem offers plenty of outdoor activities including Duffy boats which seat up to 12 people for a tour of the bay (fees apply). And an Olympic-size pool is ideal for swimming laps or soaking in the sun.
Note: Guests are responsible for a $20 nightly hospitality fee that covers 24-hour fitness center access, lobby coffee and tea service from 6 am-9 am, bottled water in room replenished daily (up to two maximum) and unlimited Wi-Fi access.
- "Spread out over 15 acres, this bay-front resort retains late '40s charm but with many modern day amenities; it's been a perennially popular destination for the duration" -- Frommer's
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour room service
- Airport transfer (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Currency exchange / ATM
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Safe in reception (fees apply)
- Business center
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Video games on request
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Wi-Fi in guest rooms (fees apply)
- Separate shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park
- Valet service (fees apply)
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Check-in: Standard check-in time: 4pm
Checkout: Standard checkout time: 12pm
Pets: Pets allowed
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Pets allowed Check-in time starts at 4pm Check-out time is 12pm Know Before You Go
Know Before You Go
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 25 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 25 per night (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 30 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100.00 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 100.00 per stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 25.00 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.