£175-£180 – Lake Placid 4-Star Resort into June
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
You shouldn't have to be an Olympian to find a room under £431 per night in Lake Placid during ski season. That's why we negotiated rates as low as £175 per night at the AAA 4-Diamond Mirror Lake Inn — just a short drive to world-class skiing at nearby Whiteface Mountain.
"Wrote the book on customer service" — Conde Nast Traveler
- £175-£180 per night ... check in Sunday-Thursday, most dates through June 18
- Weekends are also discounted up to 15%
- Stay in a Lookout Room — these offer limited lake and mountain views
What You Need to Know
- Price based on up to three guests sharing a room
- These rates are refundable up to 14 days prior to arrival; full prepayment required at time of booking
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a housekeeping gratuity fee of £3 per person, per day (listed as a Service Charge), which will be added to the total price at checkout
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self-parking is complimentary, and valet parking is £23 plus tax per night
- Not pet-friendly; service animals only
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- The resort stands directly on the shoreline of Mirror Lake and offers commanding views of the Adirondacks
- There are three dining options on site — flagship restaurant the View ranks among the top five in Lake Placid on TripAdvisor
- Other perks include complimentary afternoon tea and cookies, as well as a full-service spa (charges apply)
- Rooms here are big: Starting at 415 square feet, they overlook either the lake and surrounding mountains
Originally built in 1932 as an escape for wealthy New Yorkers, Mirror Lake Inn feels about as classically mountain lodge as it gets: Stepping into the lobby, guests are greeted by a roaring stone fireplace complete with inviting leather couches and big picture windows overlooking the lake. The resort has a strong claim to fame, too — thanks to its proximity to Whiteface Mountain, it played host to the Norwegian team during the 1980 Winter Olympics.
Rooms here are spacious — starting at 415 square feet — but feel cozy thanks to their art-and-crafts-style decor, warm earth-tone color palette and fun accent pieces like vintage snowshoes on the walls. They have large sliding glass doors that open up to lake or mountain views as well, plus separate sleeping and seating areas that can be closed off for privacy.
There are three restaurants on site, ranging from casual apres-ski snacks and cocktails at the Cottage to white tablecloth-style dining at the View. Although the resort sits on 7 acres secluded by surrounding woods, it's only one block from Lake Placid's Main Street, where you'll find wine-tasting rooms, boutique shopping, restaurants and outdoor adventure outfitters.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Fitness classes
- Gym / fitness center
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Private beach
- Tennis courts
- No pets allowed
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Bike rental
- Concierge service
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- DVD / CD player & library
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Internet access
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Luxury toiletries
- Complimentary parking
- Off-street parking
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bed available upon request: US$35 plus tax, per night.
Pets: Only service animals allowed.
Valet service fee: US$30 plus tax per day. Valet service includes in and out privileges.
A housekeeping gratuity of $3.50 per person, per day (listed as Service Charge) will be added to the total price at check-out.
Valet service includes in and out privileges.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Most facilities remain open year round. The Private beach, boats, heated outdoor pool and tennis court are generally open between Memorial Day and Columbus Day, weather dependent.
Advance reservations for Spa services and dinner reservations in the View restaurant are highly recommended. Spa and dinner reservations are subject to availability.
Please also note that the hotel's restaurant, The View will NOT be open on Mondays and Tuesdays January through June.
Up to 20% Off
£175 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(44 Member Ratings)