Waterfront Plaza Hotel
Why We Love It
- In Oakland’s quirky Jack London Square, a district of regenerated warehouses and yachts
- The ferry terminal is right next door, launching boats across the bay to San Francisco
- Expect free Wi-Fi throughout and a complimentary cheese and wine evening during the week.
- The adjoining Lungomare “is a beautiful restaurant in a prime bayside location” (San Francisco Chronicle)
"A prime bayside location" -- San Francisco Chronicle
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
A giant anchor tattooed on the front of the building alerts visitors what they’re in for at this nautical-themed hotel on an estuary of San Francisco Bay.
A historic waterfront neighbourhood originally used for shipping, Jack London Square has been regenerated with boutiques, restaurants and cinemas filling its old warehouses, and impressive yachts in the marina.
As a nod to the area's heritage, steamer trunks, starfish and compass roses bedeck the lobby and halls of the Waterfront Plaza Hotel. Rooms are papered with oar patterns and vintage oceanliner prints, lit by hurricane lanterns, and have sliding doors that open to patios. Free Wi-Fi and Keurig coffee makers are available in all rooms and the Waterfront bedrooms have stunning views of the marina. Small dogs (under 30lbs) are welcome.
During the week there is a complimentary afternoon wine and cheese hour hosted in the lobby. The adjoining restaurant Lungomare serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and has won praise for its bayside location and "appealing" fare (Fodor's). Alternatively, there are a number of other options in the immediate vicinity. For fitness aficionados, work out at the on-site 24-hour fitness centre, or swim in the waterfront heated pool.
The hotel is right next door to the Oakland Ferry Terminal, where boats leave for Angel Island, the San Francisco Ferry Building and AT&T Park. Voyages take about half an hour. The hotel also runs a complimentary shuttle to downtown Oakland during the week. Be sure to take a walk around the neighbourhood on the weekend when there are farmer's and craft markets.
- "This thoroughly modern, pleasantly appointed Joie de Vivre property sits among the appealing restaurants (including the hotel's own) of Jack London Square" -- Fodor's
- "A beautiful restaurant in a prime bayside location" -- San Francisco Chronicle
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna / Steam Room
Complimentary shuttle within a 4 mile radius.
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Bike rental
- Complimentary shuttle service
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Internet access
- Internet access (fees apply)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Off-street parking
- Off-street parking (fees apply)
- Parking (fees apply)
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Minimum age required to check in: 21.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Cot/crib available on request free of charge for children up to the age of 3 in the King bedded rooms. Extra bed available on request free of charge for children and adults in the King bedded rooms.
Pets: Small dogs (maximum 2 dogs up to 30 pounds) are allowed on request, free of charge.
A Valet Parking Fee of $32 per night, plus tax applies and will be added to your bill at the hotel.
This fee is subject to change at the discretion of the hotel.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.