Sanctuary Hotel NYC
Why We Love It
- Ranked in the top 50 out of 469 hotels in New York City on TripAdvisor
- Complimentary access to Equinox Sports Club, free continental breakfast and Wi-Fi
- Tented, heated rooftop restaurant with city views is open year-round
- Complement your stay with dinner and drinks at Tender or Haven at the hotel
“Discrete, well-placed, exceptionally furnished and housing every amenity” -- Corporate Traveler
96% (26 Member Ratings)
Map & Directions
Rooms & Rates
Tucked into a side street just one block from the hustle and bustle of Times Square, the Sanctuary Hotel is a welcoming oasis in the heart of New York City. Calming Buddhas guide guests through the dimly lit lobby to the property’s two restaurants -- Tender Lounge, an upscale sports bar, and the celeb-favorite, Haven Rooftop, offering creative cocktails and dazzling views of the city.
The hotel’s two towers -- including one exclusively dedicated to blackout rooms -- are lavishly decorated with rich chocolate leather, chandeliers, brass accents and marble counter tops. Open concept is king, as floor-to-ceiling drapes rather than doors separate the bedroom and bathroom space, offering an elegant solution to the small, but smartly designed space. All guests receive complimentary access to the nearby Equinox Sports Club. The spa-inspired rainfall showers in each room are a perfect reward after hitting the gym or a day of sightseeing.
Located in Manhattan’s Theater District, the luxury hotel is ideally situated for leisure and business travelers alike. Visitors can walk to Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Columbus Circle, NASDAQ and Fifth Avenue’s upscale shops. S.T.A.R. (Service Tailored to Any Request) Experience Managers at the concierge desk offer unparalleled service for all travel styles from detailed directions around the borough to sending hot tea up to visitors feeling under the weather far from home.
- “Within earshot of bustling Times Square but just far enough away to escape tourist noise” -- U.S. News & World Report Travel
- “The owners of this chic establishment spent a considerable amount of time in Saint-Tropez and have made an effort to make their guests feel like they have been transported there” -- AFAR
- “Discerning travelers looking to experience authentic Manhattan lifestyle and European-inspired hospitality find ideal base in the luxurious accommodations of Sanctuary Hotel New York” -- Hotel Club
General Off-site Gym/ FItness Center
- Newspaper / magazines
- Roof terrace
- Extra beds (fees apply)
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Baby-sitting service (fees apply)
- Central heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Mini bar
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Public car park (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. Please check with the hotel.
Standard check-in time: 3pm. Minimum age required to checkin: 18.
Standard checkout time: 12pm.
Children and additional guests:
Children under age 13 stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs available on request, free of charge for children under 18 months of age. Extra bed available on request and in Deluxe Rooms: $50 (subject to tax) per night. Charges will be added to your bill on checkout.
Small dogs and cats (maximum weight: 15 pounds) are allowed on request and will be charged a one time non-refundable $150 fee (subject to tax) per stay. Charges will be added to your bill upon check-in.
Pets must be in a carrier when housekeeping needs to service room, otherwise room will not be serviced. Pets are not allowed in any food and beverage outlet and must be leashed in all public areas.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Have a Problem? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/ or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
(26 Member reviews)