Viceroy Riviera Maya
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Hotel
- The luxe and lush adults-only resort is set in a secluded area near Playa del Carmen
- Spacious bungalows, each over 1,000 square feet have high-thatched roof ceilings, tropical hardwoods and plantation shutters
- There's a private white sand beach and pier
- Participate in a Temazcal ceremony, an ancient Mayan sweat lodge ritual at the on-site spa
- Arrange for a private tasting of specialty tequilas chef-paired with ceviches made from locally caught fish
For couples seeking a romantic getaway, the Viceroy Riviera Maya wants you to know it’s got you covered. This secluded tropical retreat just outside the tourist section of Playa del Carmen is surrounded by rainforest flora and fauna and is like a private island escape.
Winding paths between buildings are flanked by thick vegetation, obscuring the end point until you reach the final bend. Spacious bungalows, each clocking in at over 1,000 square feet have high-thatched roof ceilings, tropical hardwoods and plantation shutters.
The difference between here and a remote jungle experience is the level of luxury. Airy villas have private patios equipped with plunge pools and al fresco showers to help you stay at one with nature after a day in the sun and surf.
King-size beds with raw-edge hardwood headboards are piled high with luxury linens and siesta-ready down pillows. Try the hotel’s beachfront yoga on the pier before a mid-day snooze or rest and re-hydrate after participating in the ancient Mayan sweat lodge ritual known as a Temazcal ceremony.
Replenish with a poolside meal of organic produce and locally caught fish. Or arrange for a private tasting of specialty tequilas chef-paired with ceviche. For a more formal meal, dinners at La Marea focus on gourmet Mexican fare with a Mediterranean twist.
Organized group activities are not what the Viceroy is about. Although water sports, snorkeling, diving and nature tours can be arranged by the hotel, the main focus here is on relaxation. If lounging, spa treatments and fine dining are your idea of heaven, the Viceroy is the pearly gates.