£207 & up – Iconic San Diego Hotel w/£71 in Extras
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
Jump on the chance to relax at the 4-star, Hotel del Coronado, dubbed by Condé Nast Traveler as "the most historic, iconic place to stay in San Diego." Travelzoo members can lounge by the pool, stroll along the beach and take in spectacular ocean views (perhaps with a cocktail in hand?) while saving £116 per night.
"Feels like a low-key country club" -- Travel + Leisure
- Check in most dates through March 11
- £186-£216 per night … Victorian Queen Resort View Room
- £215-£249 per night … Victorian King or Two-Queen Resort View Room
- Upgrades to Partial Ocean View Rooms and Studio Suites start at £265 per night
- Travelzoo member perks:
- Daily parking (reg. £30)
- £37 food-and-beverage credit, per stay; suite stays receive a £56 credit, per stay
- Note: Due to local guidelines, some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel for more details.
What You Need to Know
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to arrival
- Note: Check-in is located in the open-air Garden Patio due to ongoing renovation of the main lobby and south side of the resort; please arrive at the north entrance on R.H. Dana Place
- Price based on up to two guests sharing a room; higher rates apply for additional guests
- Children 17 and under stay free of charge when using existing hotel bedding
- No matter where you book, this hotel charges a resort fee of £26 plus tax, per night; the fee covers Wi-Fi access, fitness classes, streaming services, use of pool chairs, towels and more
- Parking is included in this offer
- Pet-friendly; additional fees apply
- For more details, see "Policies" and "Amenities" sections
Why We Love This Hotel
- Beach-chic rooms and suites in a National Historic Landmark Victorian-style resort situated directly on the sands
- This "grand, San Diego icon" offers activities to entertain the whole family, including an outdoor pool, bonfires, spin classes and yoga on the beach and so much more (Condé Nast Traveler)
- With six on-site, seaside, dining outlets, you won't have to leave the hotel to find delicious bites
- Stay with confidence — read more about the hotel's enhanced safety and cleaning procedures
For many people, the seaside resort city of Coronado is synonymous with the Hotel del Coronado. The massive Victorian building was built in 1888 and has hosted notable guests, including U.S. presidents, Hollywood heavyweights and other celebrated figures.
Although the property has grown over the years to include two towers and several luxe beach cottages, it’s the original red gabled building that remains a California coastal icon. Stroll the same grounds where Marilyn Monroe filmed "Some Like It Hot" and see where former President Richard Nixon hosted a state dinner in 1970 that counted Frank Sinatra, John Wayne and former President Lyndon Johnson among its notable guests.
Guest rooms reflect the unique character of this legendary resort with varying views of the grounds and ocean. All rooms feature a TV with streaming services, Wi-Fi and a Keurig coffeemaker.
Like any good resort, the “Del” is chock-full of fantastic amenities ranging from a luxurious salon and day spa to a kids' club and ocean water sports. Try a yoga class on the beach or make s'mores with the family at the outdoor fire pits.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Fitness classes
- Hot Tub / Jacuzzi
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Private beach
- Sauna / Steam Room
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Beauty treatments / massages (fees apply)
- Express check-in / checkout
- Hair salon (fees apply)
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Kitchenette in some rooms
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Internet access
- Bathtub or shower
- Parking (fees apply)
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible pool area
- Accessible restaurant
- Accessible spa
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 4pm. Check-in is located in the open-air Garden Patio due to ongoing renovation of the main lobby and south side of the resort. Please arrive at the north entrance on R.H. Dana Place.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Check-in is located in the open-air Garden Patio due to ongoing renovation of the main lobby and south side of the resort. Please arrive at the north entrance on R.H. Dana Place.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Children 17 or under stay free of charge when using existing bedding. Extra bedding not available in Victorian One Queen rooms and Victorian Two Queen rooms.
Cot available upon request: free of charge.
Extra bed available upon request: free of charge.
Extra guest charges will apply as follows:
US$25 plus tax per night for older children and adults.
Extra bedding not available in Victorian One Queen rooms and Victorian Two Queen rooms.
Pets are allowed on request.
A Non-refundable cleaning fee of US$120 plus tax, per stay will be charged upon arrival.
Maximum weight: 20 kg.
A resort/facility fee of US$35 plus tax, per night will be added to the total price of your stay upon check out. Note: The car park fee will be waived for one vehicle when booking the "Travelzoo Deal" rate.
Car park fee: US$40 plus tax per day.
The resort/ facility fee includes:
Note: The car park fee will be waived for one vehicle when booking the "Travelzoo Deal" rate.
Due to local and state guidelines some amenities and services may be limited or closed during your visit; please contact the hotel, or visit https://hoteldel.com/welcome//, for more details.
As part of an on-going renovation project, some areas of the hotel are currently closed.
Save $155 per night
£207 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.