£149 – East Sussex manor retreat w/meals & bubbly, 47% off
About the Hotel
Why We Love This Deal
"This grand Palladian mansion set in 312 acres of prime Sussex countryside makes for a bucolic romantic escape," says The Daily Telegraph of Buxted Park Hotel. Overnight stays at this 18th-century property are now £149, saving up to 47% on the usual cost.
- Accommodation in a Classic Double room (split between the main house and the garden wing), with full English breakfast, £35 dinner credit per person and late checkout until 12pm, for two
- A bottle of prosecco on arrival (worth £39)
- It's an extra £10 per night to stay in an Executive room (in the garden wing)
- You can book multiple nights with daily breakfast and dinner (prosecco is once per stay)
Why We Love This Hotel
- This "attractive" (The AA) hotel occupies an elegant Grade II-listed mansion dating from the 18th century
- The property is set in over 300 acres of parkland featuring lakes and a deer park
- Ashdown Forest, where Henry VIII used to hunt and where AA Milne found inspiration for Winnie-the-Pooh, is a 15-minute drive away
- The hotel's fine-dining restaurant holds two AA Rosettes
Buxted Park Hotel is set on a 312-acre estate roamed by fallow deer, in rural East Sussex. This AA 4-Red-Star lodging occupies a striking Palladian mansion dating from the 18th century, and has hosted suitably grand guests including William Wordsworth, Winston Churchill and Marlon Brando.
Glyndebourne, the renowned opera house, is a 20-minute drive away, while National Trust property Wakehurst Place -- an Elizabethan manor with ornamental gardens -- and Anne Boleyn's childhood home Hever Castle, are within 35 minutes' drive. The hilltop town of Rye, "often described as England's quaintest town… a little nugget of the past" (Lonely Planet), takes an hour to reach by car.
Ornate columns, intricate plasterwork and a gilt coat of arms decorate Buxted Park Hotel's grand lobby lounge. Guests can relax with coffee, cocktails and afternoon tea by the fireplace in the bar, which features high ceilings, chandeliers and floor-to-ceiling windows, and dine in the 2-AA-Rosette restaurant. There's also a terrace with views of the grounds.
Classic Rooms are split between the main house and the garden wing. Executive Rooms are larger than Classic Rooms and are in the garden wing. Wi-Fi is free.
- Infant cots / cribs
- Newspaper / magazines
- Extra beds / roll away beds
- Games room
- No pets allowed
- 100% smoke-free
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Safe in reception
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor space for some rooms
- Sitting area
- Flatscreen TV
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Luxury toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Complimentary parking
- Accessible bathroom in some rooms
- Accessible meeting room
- Accessible parking
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible restaurant
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 11am.
Children and additional guests:
Cot available upon request, free of charge, for children 3 or under.
Extra bed not available for older children and adults.
Please use the Special Request field to confirm the age of the third guest.
Breakfast is included.
Pets: No pets allowed.
Cancellation: Cancellation policy & booking conditions vary by 'rate plan'. These will be displayed on the payment page after you have searched for your dates and selected a rate.
Up to 47% off
£149 / night
About the Hotel
Have a Question? Contact Travelzoo.
Rates may vary by date, are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until your purchase is complete.
The room rates listed are for double occupancy per room unless otherwise stated and exclude tax recovery charges and service fees.
It is the responsibility of the hotel chain and/or the individual property to ensure the accuracy of the photos displayed. Travelzoo is not responsible for any inaccuracies in the photos.
*Unless otherwise stated, Travelzoo-exclusive extras are valid once per stay (based on two adults sharing). Value is an estimate based on double occupancy. Extras are only included with Member Rates and may not be available on all dates. Extras are non-transferable and have no cash value. Total value may vary depending on time of booking and availability. When included, breakfast may be limited to 2 guests per stay subject to hotel’s discretion. Other restrictions may apply; see our T&Cs for details.
Please note: Some amenities and services may not be available in all rooms or may incur an additional charge. All prices stated have been verified at the time of publication and may vary at the discretion of the hotel.
(71 Member Ratings)