Why We Love It
- In the thick of it all, just off Bourbon Street in the French Quarter
- Interiors refreshed in a 2011 renovation, exteriors preserving century-old charm
- Festivities begin right on arrival, as guests are served a free welcome drink
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access & a heated courtyard pool
"About as central as it gets" -- Fodor's
Rooms & Rates
Some of the top attractions in New Orleans can be found within a few blocks of the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Right in the middle of the French Quarter, with its jazz cafés, markets and pattiseries, the hotel is sandwiched between Bourbon Street and Royal Street. The former is known for its vibrant nightlife scene, whereas the latter is a lower-key shopping road, selling antiques, jewellery and other local specialties.
The hotel emerged in 2011 from a multimillion-dollar renovation in the rooms, historic colonnade, balconies, and Belle Epoque-style lobby, where potted palms lead the way past oversized arched windows and a grand piano.
Guest rooms mix traditional wood furnishings with accents of red and black. Bathrooms are particularly sleek, "with a natty use of stripes and brocades" (Frommer’s). All rooms come with free Wi-Fi, and face either an inner courtyard or Bourbon Street -- request one overlooking the courtyard for a quieter night.
A heated, outdoor, saltwater pool is carved into the courtyard, surrounded by lounge chairs and more potted palms. After quaffing the free welcome drink served to all guests in the lobby bar, head out to leafy Jackson Square two blocks away, and to the Mississippi waterfront and the soaring spires of the Cathedral-Basilica of Saint Louis. A paddle boat ride on the river is highly recommended.
- "With a location that's about as central as it gets, plus upgraded, spacious guest rooms, this lodging remains one of the most popular options on Bourbon Street" -- Fodor's
- Newspaper / magazines
- Gym / fitness center
- Outdoor pool
- Pool bar
- Nightlife / entertainment
- No pets allowed
- 24-hour front desk
- 24-hour security
- Concierge service
- Laundry / dry cleaning
- Room service (limited hours)
- Business center
- Central heating
- Coffee / tea-making facilities
- Iron and ironing board
- Pay-per-view / movies on demand
- Flatscreen TV
- iPod/iPhone docking station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout
- Separate shower
- Luxury toiletries
- Valet service (fees apply)
- Accessible meeting room
- ADA compliant rooms
- Facilities for guests with special needs
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair accessible
Standard Time is 3pm. Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Minimum age required to check in: 18.
Checkout: Standard Time is 12pm.
Children and additional guests: Children ages 17 and under stay free of charge when sharing parents’ room and using existing bedding (on request). Cribs and extra beds are not available.
Pets: No pets allowed.